1.03.2

𓇽

I sat next to Kie crisis crossed in my bathing suit as John b cruised on the water. It was a beautiful day out today and a perfect day to be out on the boat.

Jj let out a whistle and looked over his shoulder. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in Luxury, quality and performance. 200k, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope muttered.

"That's toppers boat guys." I said, pushing my sunglasses down on my face ignoring glances from topper and Sarah.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us bitch." Kie said.

𓇽

"Alright keep a lookout." JJ said as we pulled up to his work. "We're behind enemy lines.." he said, messing with his gun.

"Yo come on man. Just put it back." John b said annoyed with the boy.

"What? You can never be too careful."

I got out of the van and leaned up against JJ's door.

"Hey I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope said sarcastically to jj.

"Thank you pope."

"I swear to god I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean JJ. Put it back." Kie said, leaning over her front seats.

I reached inside the window grabbing it and stuffing it in the glove compartment.

"You can't grab a gun like that." He said looking at me like I was insane. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy." He said getting out and holding it up.

I giggled lightly and shook my head. "Yes you are JJ."

"So where are we going now?" Pope asked.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ said.

"Why didn't we just go to my house?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah. Forgot. Well anyways this way."

We walked into the building, JJ talking to his fellow workmates. "Andrew! What's up bro?"

"Mama L, good to see you!" He said reaching for a shrimp.

"Hey no! Jj!" She said, hitting him with a spoon.

"Sorry." I said to her,

"See they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ said, walking us to a back room where computers were lined up.

"Sweet lord the internet!" Pope said running in. "I've missed you."

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my insta models." JJ said.

"We don't have time for that." Pope said

"Hey hey hey I got the map!" John b said throwing it down in front of Pope as he typed on the computer.

"Coordinates please?"

"34, 57, 30 north. 75, 55 42 west." The computer went closer in and marked a pin

"Boom continental shelf right there."

"Well if it's at the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope said, zooming into the map.

"Come on baby. Come On." Jj said.

It slowly zoomed in and John b jumped up. "Shit it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet."

I squinted my eyes at the boy. "Only."

"That's not too deep." JJ said, agreeing.

"Is that doable or something?" Kie asked

"Yeah, totally doable." Jj said

"Will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope said sarcastically.

"How do you know this mr. dive master?" I asked

"The salvage yard. They are for a drive that can drop 1000. It has a 369 camera and everything. It's for things like deep dives and stuff. It is exactly what we need."

"And can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?"

"Well my dad's grimey little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shirfaced, turns out. But it drowns there. It's in the impound yard outback."

"How much did you say was on the royal merchant again?" Kie asked.

"400 million." I answered, making pope run up to block the door.

"400 million dollars?" Kie said standing up.

"No, absolutely not. Absolutely not. No!" He said.

"Pope! Move." Kie said, ripping his hands down .

"Guys that too-"

I patted his back. "Come on bubba." And walking out the door.

"Can't we do anything legal for money?"

𓇽

"Pope was not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it." I said, trying to calm the boy's nerves down.

"Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality." He quoted.

I looked down at JJ who was licking and sealing the paper of his blunt.

"Did you come up with that?" John b asked

"Albert Bernstein came up with that but it's applied to this whole treasure hunting thing."

"Oh."

"So which is it? Fantasy or reality?" He asked.

"Why are you such a weird pope?" JJ said, making me slap the blunt out of his hand. "Be nice."

"It's fantasy with a possible reality." Kie answered.

"Reality." John b said, smiling at us.

"Virtual reality." JJ muttered, clicking his lighter. Pope grabbed the blunt and flicked it towards me which I pocketed.

"Keep the signal clear."

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked pope.

"You?"

"No! It's that you need to relax man. You're always so tense."

"I'm not tense."

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car with Kie.

"Hey don't worry about this, you got it." John said out his window.

"It's not me I'm worried about." She said looking back at the pope who was ranting about how he wasnt tense to JJ.

I let out a sigh. " You're probably right."

𓇽