2.02.1

Episode 2: The Heist

I got the first flight out.

Mom and grandma were still in Texas but mom said she would be out soon.

It was pouring rain as my Uber drove me from the airport. It was dark and I wondered what house my friends would be at. I didn't know if they went to John bs anymore or if I was the only one who couldn't step foot in that place without him there.
He'd be here soon.

My best bet was John bs however. JJ wouldnt go home, Kie couldn't bring her friends home, and Pope wouldn't bring his friends home unless it was at heywards market so John bs was the safest bet.
I assumed they have already started to clear John b of murder because that was my friends. Leaving school early on the first day, running around town trying to find incriminating evidence on the Cameron's.
For once in my life I was happy not to be a Cameron. 

The Uber pulled up on the road, not pulling up to the house but I thanked him, grabbed my backpack and got out.
My hoodie was on my head as I ran around the house, trying not to slip on the mud but also to get out of the rain. God i hated rain.
I could hear curses and arguing coming from the porch and I couldn't help but let my head be filled with anxious thoughts.

When I came face to face with the pourch, I was standing still in the mud, rain pouring down on me, soaking my hair though my hood. My friends sat there.

"Addie?" Pope asked standing up from his chair.

I smiled slightly not sure on the reaction I'd get,
"You didn't think you'd do this without me did you?" I asked staring up at my friends.

JJ started to smirk and then cracked a full smile standing up, "she's home!"

I laughed and walked up on the porch where JJ hugged me tightly, not caring about him getting wet.
I pulled away and smiled up at him and then pope came and hugged me too, "glad you're back." He whispered making me smile.

Kie hadn't moved from her chair, she just looked at me as I pulled away from pope.
"You left us." She stated clearly hurt by my actions.

"I know." I said giving her a regretful look.

"When we needed you most you went on a vacation." She huffed shaking her head, "you know John b wasn't your only friend. We were your friends too."

I sighed, "I needed space. I would have needed space for any one of y'all."

She rolled her eyes at me, "bullshit. give it a break Addison! That's your only reason, why did you leave?"

I put the palms of my hands on my temples, rolling my head back.

"Kie-" Pope said.

"No! Let her talk. She left us."

"Because I was scared alright?" I huffed, letting my arms dropped, "I was scared if I didn't leave one of you would leave me. And It's selfish, I know, but I can't have you guys leave me the way Sarah and John b did."

"We would never leave you." JJ said.

I sighed and shook my head walking over to one of the couches and sitting in it. "You know how many times John b told me he wouldn't leave me. You know how many times when he did something dangerous I told him, 'John you need to get your life together because I can't loose you' and he said 'I'll never leave you.' And he did, dead or alive he was going to leave me. It was only a matter of time before y'all all did the Same. You guys are the only things I'm selfish on because without you, I wouldn't know how to function." I shook my head again lying it back against the couch.