2.02.2

"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully. So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like-"

"Somewhere in this trash."

"Correct."

I stared down at the trash in the water grimacing in realization I would have to step in that. "That's actually disgusting." I muttered.

"Oh my god, people who use plastic should be shot." Kie said looking at the water in disgust.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. I use it every day, love the stuff." JJ said pulling out a cast net from the water.

"Hoped you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie said.

JJ groaned.

"Most of the trash in the ocean is just fishing gear and nets." I said grabbing the cast net from JJ, "so if you really wanted to help. Don't eat fish."

"Absolutely not. Rather give up plastic." JJ said.

"I thought you'd say something like that, so... trash bags." Pope said holding up the trash bags.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie asked.

"Maybe."

I looked between the two who were sharing a very intimate moment about trash.
"Did this grow while I was gone?" I whispered to JJ.

"You want us to give you some time alone or what's going on?" JJ asked causing pope to throw the trash bags at JJ.

"Pick up the trash."  Pope said.

I grabbed a bag from JJ as I looked down at the muddy water. "Ew." I mumbled again as I stepped into it and grabbed a coke bottle, shoving it into the bag.

"Your kooks showing Addie." JJ said as I picked up a bag with two fingers.

"Yeah well I'm not trying to get like e.coli or like jungle worm or something." I muttered.

"What's jungle worm?" Pope asked.

"Harry styles had it on I Carly." I mumbled picking up another piece of trash.

"Oh my god." Kie said throwing her hands down and looking at me. "Really?"

"Like this?" JJ asked holding up a earth worm giving me a smirk as he twirled it around with his fingers.

I swatted JJs hand away from my face as he reached the worm out and waved it infront of my face. "Stop."

"I'm gonna keep it." He said shoving it in his pocket.

"Absolutely not. You'll forget about it and then it'll die." I said glaring at the boy and snapping my fingers at him, pointing to the water under us like I was telling a dog to drop it, "get it out."

He groaned throwing it into the water, "you know, you were a lot more fun before John B didn't die."

I rolled my eyes and continued picking up trash, "I promise you JJ, that months ago I would have not let you keep a worm in your pocket."