Forgiveness

Izumi woke up in a hospital bed with a great headache.

???: Oh.

Izumi looked to the side and saw Izuku standing on the door with a plate of food.

Izuku: You are awake now.

Izuku walked towards Izumi and sat on the nearby chair.

Izumi: W-what happened?
Izuku: You've been out cold for 5 days.
Izumi: F-five days?! W-wait, where is Eri?!
Izuku: The little girl? She is still unconscious, looks like using her quirk drained her out a lot, she is on a stable condition though, so the doctors hope she will eventually wake up.
Izumi: Thank goodness, also w-where is Sir?
Izuku: Sir was badly wounded, the doctors are doing their best to keep him alive.
Izumi: I see.... Thank goodness no one died....
Izuku: Only Overhaul.
Izumi: What?! Dont tell me I-I-I-
Izuku: You did not, his transport was attacked, the media says it was the League of Villains, at least that is what the official HPSC reports say.
Izumi: Even if he was a scumbag and probably deserved it, I still wouldnt have been able to carry the burden of killing someone...
Izuku: True that.

Izumi rested back on her bed and grabbed her head in pain.

Izumi: Why does ny head hurt so much?
Izuku: Its the drawback of your quirk, I told you in the training camp something like this could happen.
Izumi: I know, sorry.
Izuku: Dont be, by the way, Dad and Inko came to visit you early in the morning and in the last few days, they'll be glad to know you are awake.
Izumi: I see, also, why are you here? Isnt it like Friday? There is school isnt it?
Izuku: There is, but, I had to stay up until night all the week organizing my project. Yesterday I passed out in the middle of the day, so the principal and Mr. Kater told me to take today off, and since I had nothing better to do, I came here.
Izumi: I-I see....
Izuku: Or at least.... That is what I would want to say.... But.... The reality is..... I was worried..... The doctor told us that there was the possibility for you to never wake up from the coma.... For some reason, when I heard him say that.... Something.... Broke inside of me.... Even though we dont really interact outside of school much.... But.... I felt an increasingly growing void..... The thought that there was a chance I would never see you again haunted me even in my dreams.... I guess that is why I overworked so much.... Tell me, is this how you felt when I was at the verge of death?
Izumi: I-I'm not sure both situations are comparable.... Your experience was much more worse too....
Izuku: Only idiots would try to argue who has it worse to see who the bigger victim is, we both struggled..... What did you feel, or what did you thought on those moments?
Izumi: I..... I felt sad.... Sorrow..... But most importantly..... Regret.... The thought that our last interaction would have been between us fighting and me berating you for no reason..... It was just.... I'm not sure I would have been able to live with that.... I wanted to go and tell you just how sorry I was for being such an awful sister for all this years.... But the thought I would never be able to do it.....
Izuku: Was it until I was dying that you had the realization that you were doing thw wrong thing?
Izumi: No, shortly after our fight as I walked alone I reflected on my decisions as I walked home..... That is where it struck me.... I had never given much thought to my actions.... But when I stopped and actually thought about everything I had done.... I realized just how horrible the things I was doing truly were....

Izumi stopped for a moment as some tears started to fall from her eyes and she looked down, not being able to see Izuku eye to eye.

Izumi: I'm sorry for all the awful things I did.... I'm sorry for abandoning you instead of supporting you.... I'm sorry for making you miserable.... I'm sorry for ruining your life...
Izuku: Look at me.

Izumi raised her head and Izuku took out a napkin and cleaned Izumi's tears.

Izuku: You didnt exactly ruin my life. One who has never suffered will never be able to sufficiently temper his character, in other words, thanks to you, I was able to become who I am now, and honsetly.... I'm actually quite happy with the life I have... Its not a perfect life.... But nothing is truly perfect.... I'm content, and I'm grateful for what I have now.... Probably none of this would have happened if it wasnt for that.... A lot of people I would have been able to meet, who now I almost think its impossible for me to live without....
Izumi: How are you able to get something positive out of the must grusome situation?
Izuku: It is better to light a candle than curse at the darkness. We are not affected by events but rathee the view we take on them. We all have the potential to live a happy life, its just a matter on how you decide to live it. Every time we spend beimg angry is less time we spend being happy, so whenever I can, I try to get something positive out of something negative..... Izumi..... I have seen you have made a lot of progress from the start until now.... And well I barely even recognize you.... You are still dumb sometimes though...
Izumi: Thanks.
Izuku: Its a joke.... But you see.... All of this time.... What I have truly wanted.... Is to actually have a happy family.... Like the one we had before..... I miss the old days....
Izumi: I miss them too...
Izuku: But.... I cant achieve that if I have my vision clouded by thoughts of hatred and revenge.... I've seen you.... And you have really tried to restore our relationship.... And for that I'm thankful..... Because I realized just how much I missed those days.... It also showed me the real type of person you were.... After debating wity myself for.... So much more time I am willing to admit..... I think I am ready to move on.... But not just move on.... Izumi, I..... I forgive you.....

Izumi looked down as some tears started to fall once more.

Izumi: I really dont deserve you.... I know I have worked but.... You are forgiving me where most people would hate me forever....
Izuku: Most people only see one side of the coin.... Most people complain that the rose has thorns, while I am happy the thorns have a rose. You are right now a blooming rose, I can either see the thorns of the past, or what is blooming in the present... Between those two, I'd rather go with the latter.
Izumi: Still.... I feel like an idiot for not knowing what I was doing was wrong.....
Izuku: There is no shame in not knowing, the shame is not finding out. You didnt know, but found out, admitted it, and worked to fix it, not many people would do that.
Izumi: You have a counter for everything dont you?
Izuku: Try me.

Izumi laughed.

Izumi: I'd rather not.... Thanks....
Izuku: There is nothing to thank me about..... Come here.

Izuku extended his arms and Izumi hugged him, this time, they both hugged each other..... Finally, another burden was lifted from Izuku's soul.... Just a few more.... And he will be free....

Izuku and Izumi spent their time talking and moving through different subjects, finally enjoying having a casual conversation of brother and sister.

Izumi: Quirkless Training Program? That sounds really cool! Isnt this what you have been pretty much aiming to do?
Izuku: Yeah pretty much, and I am finally able to do it, we already announced it to the public this week you were asleep, but it will start after next week.
Izumi: Aw, Izuku! I'm glad for you! I cant imagine just how important this must be for you, and it will also help hundreds of quirkless people!
Izuku: Yeah, we hope to expand the program in the future, if everything goes well, we can expect that to happen.... Although that means more paperwork, yeez..... I wished the day was longer.
Izumi: You should worry about yourself too though, I dont want to see you passing out once again.
Izuku: I know, Shota said the same, she was the one who also pressured me into taking this day off.
Izumi: Uuuuh Shota, so tell me whats up with her?
Izuku: I dont know, what about you and Shoto?
Izumi: Shhhhh! Dont change subjects! Tell me what do you think of her?
Izuku: How do I know you wont just tell her?
Izumi: I will not, also depending on your answer I might be even able to help you out!
Izuku: Help me out? With what?
Izumi: I dont know, you tell me.

Izuku sighed.

Izuku: Well you see-

The door suddenly bursted open and a doctor came in.

Doc: WHAT?! She is awake?! Hey you! Why arent you screaming?! You should have called staff immediately!
Izuku: S-Sorry!
Doc: Get out! I have to run exams on her to make sure everything is okay, now LEAVE!
Izuku: R-right!.....