FORTY

The weather is perfect.

Bangtan and Blackpink both have a schedule overseas. Well, they are in a different State, but a few hours of road travel wouldn't be too much just to see each other.

The Pinks are getting the hang of making excuses to their managers just to secretly meet the boys, except for Lisa's.

"Oppa, we are just going to go to a restaurant, just a few blocks away. You can even drop us off and pick us up." Lisa explained.

The Pinks already explained that they are going out for dinner later, and they requested that they would want to go alone. Their excuse?:

We are in a different country, nobody can even know us unless we'd do something to draw attention. Besides, we'd be wearing our masks and caps!

Although the other managers are prepared for rebuttals, they decided to just grant the Pinks' request. They trust them, they have been together for almost a decade, since before their debut, and they have seen that the girls are responsible enough to handle themselves.

They were even capable of flying back and forth from Korea to Indonesia and New York without the fans knowing. Jennie even attended an exclusive party.

But of course, there is that one villain that will always make everything miserable.

"So you dress up with masks, caps and shades? That's enough to cause a commotion! Imagine four young girls, walking around in that get up? It just screams: WE ARE ARTISTS WHO WISH NOT TO BE MOBBED, and of course, your body built and the way you carry yourself wouldn't hide the fact that you are BLACKPINK!" Lisa's manager counter acted.

"Dong Il, the girls have done this before..believe us, it turned out just fine." Rosé's manager said, trying to help the girls out. 

"They were not that big long ago, it's different now. And what kind of managers are you? Letting your precious little idols roam around unprotected." Jennie is about to combust upon hearing those words from Lisa's manager, but her manager spoke for her instead.

"Look, we have spent at least a good ten years with the girls. And as good managers, we let them breathe even for just a while. What's wrong with eating their dinner without us in tow? It's just literally around the corner, Dong Il. It's like a 5 minute walk from here, if there would be a commotion of some sort, we can just sprint our way from here to their location. Besides, they are human too. They need this, they can't do these kinds of stuff in Korea, just let them be." The girls mentally noted to give extra presents for their managers this year, they all have been very supportive.

"Let your girls go then, Lisa stays." It's as if the girls' patience and respect are hanging in a very thin thread that would possibly break right at this very moment.

"Dong Il please, let the girls do what they want. Even for just an hour. We'd pick them up exactly an hour after they leave." Jisoo's manager tried negotiating.

"You don't understand, these girls are in their early twenties, and can be very stubborn and aggressive. We can't just let them be by themselves even for just a good ten minutes. Who knows what they are going to do!" That's it, Jennie is losing every bit of respect she has for Lisa's manager. That good for nothing manager is getting into her nerves.

He's always against every little thing! He is young and without that much experience and it clearly shows by the way he handles Lisa. 

"Excuse me oppa, but we are responsible enough to take care of ourselves. You, being new to this team and to YG in general, have no right to stereotype us as stubborn and aggressive girls in their early twenties. We have been in this field for half our lives and we know what to do." Jennie said in a relaxed voice.