Chapter 12-

Sadie's POV

"Oh Kent, hunny," Missy's voice was audbile before she came strutting around the corner, into our dorm room wearing Kent's shirt from before, the bottom reaching halfway down her thighs. 

Now it made sense. 

I turned my attention from Missy, who was delighted to see me there, back to Kent who had turned ghost white. 

"Sadie it's not what it looks like!" Kent began to call out as I pushed past Missy and began walking down the hall, towards the elevator. "Sadie, wait!"

I heard his footsteps behind me before he was grabbing my arm and turning me towards him. Missy was right on his heels, still smirking. I pulled my arm away from Kent immediately.

I can't let them see how upset I am. No matter what, I can't let Missy see that she got to me. It was clear to me now that Kent didn't have feelings for me, he was still hung up on his ex and that his problem. 

 "Sorry, next time we'll lock the door," Missy said, grabbing onto Kent's arm and giggling. Kent shook off her hold and reached out to grab my other hand but I pulled away slowly. 

 "In case you forgot, I have a key to my own room," I held up my room key and was satisfied when Missy scowled at me, her smirk gone now. 

 "Sadie, can we talk about this somewhere private?" Kent begged but I stopped him.

"I have to go now," My tone was dull, void of feelings at the moment. I just wanted to leave, to not have Missy's eyes glaring into me with hate. 

 "Sadie just listen. Missy spilled her drink all over herself and her clothes were see through," Kent took a deep breath. "She came up here to borrow a shirt of mine and the guys were giving her a hard time about it so I gave her my shirt to cover up, that's it! Missy wasn't even in our room," 

"Don't lie to the poor girl Kent, babe, we don't need to be giving her false hope now," Missy's demonic behavior was back. No one's smirk had ever made me want to punch them before I met Missy. Now I found myself thinking about punching her quite often. 

"Missy stop!" Kent yelled back to her then turned to me, getting more upset that I was nonchalant. "Please believe me, Missy is lying. She's a master manipulator. I'm sure she planned this whole thing out anyway,"

 "It's really none of my business what you and Missy do," I mumbled, staring straight into Kent's eyes. Both of his blue eyes darted back and forth between mine, searching for an ounce of care inside me, but there wasn't one. 

 "Are you going to believe her over me?" Kent asked, pointing back at Missy and staring at me, eyes wide and full of worry. I glanced between the two. Missy, smirking and wearing Kent's shirt. Kent standing, begging me to believe him. This had escalated so quickly, if only I had dramatically ran down the stairs, maybe I could've escaped this now. 

 I took a deep breath and tried my best to smile at Kent.

"What you do in your free time is none of my business, Kent," I glanced at Missy and managed to smile again, "I think there's some Chinese in there for you," 

Missy looked utterly confused, telling me she really hadn't been in the dorm room or she'd know exactly what I was talking about. I turned around and calmly walked out the door, down into the stairwell and sat down. 

Why would Kent get so jealous if I hung around other guys if he didn't care about me? Maybe he was telling the truth, maybe he wasn't. It really wasn't that big of a deal, was it? Either way, I needed space and some time to be away from Kent and especially away from Missy.