Chapter 3-

Sadie's POV

"Hey trouble," Kent called out, suddenly bumping into me and falling into step beside Jackie and I.

"I'll, uh, catch up with you later Sadie," Jackie said and rushed off. I was beginning to believe she had difficulties speaking with the opposite sex.

"Making new friends, are we?" Kent asked peeking back at Jackie before turning his attention back to me. If anything with legs walked past Kent he was bound to at least glance.

"What do you want?" I growled, not feeling like entertaining this jerk when I was free from the dorm.

"Aw come on, why so grouchy? Is someone having a rough first day?" He cooed and reached out to rub my cheek with his thumb but I quickly slapped his had away, keeping my gaze in front of me instead of on him.

"Maybe if someone hadn't poured water on me this morning my day would be going slightly better," I admitted, pushing open the doors from the English building and into the fall air. Kent laughed and grabbed my arm, tugging me out of the way of oncoming students hurrying into the building so they wouldn't be late for next period. Which is what I was going to be if I didn't get a move on.

"Consider it a favor, you slept past your alarm anyway," I sighed and rolled my eyes as Kent continued to speak. "Follow me, I think I have something that'll cheer you up, Princess"

"Don't call me that," I snapped but he just shrugged and pulled me after him.

"Whatever, just come on," He continued to walk and I shook his grip from my arm. I didn't like being pulled around like a child.

"Where are we going? Class is about to start and I need to get to Algebra," I complained and Kent shot me a glare.

"The library, now shut up," He demanded as he picked up his pace and soon enough we were nearly sprinting to the biggest building, besides the gym, on campus. Kent pushed open the heavy wood doors and held them open while I walked in. It was quiet, like a library should be, and smelled like extremely old books. The lady at the staircase barely llifted her head to glare at us, her white hair piled on top of her head in some fancy bun held in place by an old yellow scrunchy and her pink lips formed a tight line.

Kent and I walked right past her and headed up the stairs to the second floor. We were walking so fast I was beginning to feel winded and reminded myself that I needed to start running again. He then led me down one of the farthest row of books that barely even had any books on the shelves and most of the lights above had burned out, making the row a creepy dark area. What if Kent was planning something malicious?

Before I had time to entertain that horrifying thought we came to a metal spiral staircase and Kent grabbed my hand, pulling me up behind him. Within moments we were at the top, looking down a short hallway with a door at the end. Kent dropped my hand, making me feel a tad disappointed and lead the way to the door. As we entered the room I slowly realized what it was. The room was basically a teenagers version of a treehouse. There was a large flat screen TV on the wall, two worn out couches, a few bean bag chairs and a mini fridge in the corner. Two windows were being shaded with black curtains so the main source of light was coming from the TV.

"Guys this is Sadie, if you haven't heard already, she lives in our dorm," Kent introduced me, pushing my back and forcing me to sit on one of the couches. "Play nice boys, she's still getting the hang of things around here,"

"What's up?" One of the guys nodded my way but didn't actually take his eyes from the screen. He either had black hair or dark brown hair, I couldn't tell with the lack of lighting in the room.

"Want a soda?" Kent called out and I politely declined as we shrugged and returned, sitting down next to me with a grape soda in his hand.

"I'm Charlie," A deep and yet familiar voice said as I glanced over at the other guy who was playing videogames. It was the same guy from yesterday. The one who lived right across the hall from me! The one with the perfect abs. He nearly took my breath away every time I looked at him. So this was actually the guy Squid was asking about earlier.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said with a slight blush, thank goodness it was dark in this room. Kent scooted slightly closer to me and reached back to rest his arm on the back of the couch, letting his fingertips rest on my shoulder.

"Don't tell anyone about this place, only a few of the guys know about this place to begin with so consider yourself lucky, sweetheart," Kent explained before chugging half of his grape soda.

"If we let everyone in the dorm know about this place we'd be ratted out so fast, so we have to keep it quiet if we want to keep this spot," Charlie further explained, taking a second to glance over at me from his set before turning his attention back to his game.

"This is cool, it's like your own secret fort up here," I said becoming excited with the fact that they trusted me enough to keep this place a secret.

All three guys turned to give me a weird stare before Kent spoke up.

"This is not a fort, it's a hangout. Big difference," Kent scoffed.

"That's disrespectful you know," Charlie chimed in with a playful wink.

Were they being serious? Why would they get bent out of shape when I called this place a fort? I just nodded and kept my mouth shut and the guys went back to their game. Boys can be so ridiculous at times.

After two more games of Call of Duty the bell rang over the whole school, meaning 2nd period was now out and you had five minutes to get to 3rd period before the bell rang again. I grabbed my backpack and stood up, heading towards the door to hurry to 3rd period, wherever that was supposed to be. I had already skipped 2nd period on the first day of school which definitely wasn't going to be good when my parents checked my attendance, better not make it worse by missing 3rd as well.

"Where are you going?" Kent as in a monotone voice, keeping his eyes glued to the screen since it was his turn to play.

"3rd period, I can't skip the whole first day of school like you," I replied, unsure if he was going to have some smart-aleck comment to say back.

"Have fun and don't get lost out there, it's a big world," He muttered sarcastically as I shut the door behind me and ran down the stairs.

I had enough of those guys for one day. I'm never one to turn down videogames but I was also here by the good graces of my parents and if I screwed up and didn't take my classes seriously they would have absolutely no problem coming here and dragging me back to our town to finish my high school career there. It was only the first day and I was already doubting my ability to make it through the school year alive while living with these hooligans. No matter what I did it seemed like the boys were more annoyed than content with my presence. To say the least, my hopes were slowly but surely beginning to fade.