Chapter II

Tall, dark and handsome. That best explained the man that stood in front of Celia. High cheekbones and a strong set jaw seemed to be made of stone, but that’s not what she was looking at. Instead she found herself entranced in a stare. Looking at nothing but the sapphire blue eyes that encaptured hers.

        Everything and everyone around her ceased to exist. She could not think, could not feel. She could only see those eyes, hear a single heartbeat pounding in a steady rhythm and smell the strong masculine musk that came off him in waves. She was captured completely and utterly by this man. 

        Every minute that led up to this moment, this time in her life seemed to both be worth nothing and everything. Nothing, because they were minutes spent without him. But everything, because deep down she knew she would have waited eternity for this moment.

        She felt as if she could stare into those eyes forever. But then, she wasn’t. A hard tug on her arm caused Celia to stumble slightly on the leaf covered, uneven ground. Eve held on tight as she dragged her friend into the stall, unaware of the exchange she shared between Alpha Cassius.

        The girls stumbled up small steps and into a humid, three walled tent. The transportable wooden floor bent dangerously as their feet pounded against it. Everything was neatly placed against the walls in a strategic manner, creating a large open space in the centre.

        “What are you doing!” Celia hissed, ripping her arm from Eve’s grasp. Her cheeks warmed considerably now that the trance was broken. She couldn’t believe herself, openingly staring at a stranger like that – at a man like that. 

        “I think I found my mate,” Celia smiled, feeling light as a feather inside until she noticed Eve pale. Her smile faltered as her friend gave a worried glance outside.

        “That’s –” A loud growl ripped through the air outside, cutting Eve off. She gulped loudly, taking cautious steps back. 

        Outside, people yelped in fear as waves of anger pooled forcefully out of the Alpha. He was mad to say the least. No one would take his mate away from him. Walking briskly towards the stall his muscles tensed considerably as his wolf pressed for release. His movements became quicker, sharper. His vision altered, the colours becoming more vibrant as he stormed into the stall and locked in on the black haired beauty.

        With a few quick steps Alpha Cassius grabbed Celia’s arm and ripped her roughly to his side. Her slender body froze as tingles erupted, like fireworks, throughout her body. Sending every hair and nerve on end as their skin made first contact. Her heart pounded quickly, catching the rhythm of his and uniting as one. Celia once again found herself lost in a trance, one deeper than the last.

        She was tall for a girl, standing at a proud five foot nine and would usually find herself staring face to face with men, but not this man. He towered over her, her head resting lightly on his collarbone as he looked down upon her. 

        His jaw set tight as she took in his features. Dark brown hair that almost seemed black when hidden in the shade, away from the suns shining rays. She envied the thick line of long, dark lashes that surrounded his electric blue–

        A large tower of books toppled over, breaking the trance that had claimed Celia. She jumped at the sudden sound, finding the source of noise behind Eve.

        Eve shrunk into herself, shaking like a leaf as Alpha Cassius glared at her. The silent accusation directed toward her was obvious. Take her again and you’re dead. His ice cold eyes hummed to life as they darkened and became swirling pools of black and blue. Growls rippled through his body in waves as his anger seared through the roof. Celia tried to shrink away, but was ripped back in place by his side.

        The stall turned cold and Eve wanted nothing but to escape its walls. Looking around frantically, she realised the only exit was behind Alpha Cassius. She stepped back, her heart leaping into her throat as he advanced, dragging Celia with him.

        “What is going on in here!” A familiar voice boomed, causing both girls to look back and smile in relief. Alpha Lennon stood stiffly at the stalls entrance, eyes trained on the back of Alpha Cassius’ head as he continued to stare Ever down.

        “Father!” Eve’s lips pulled up in relief, her form relaxing slightly as she looked at her father. “He’s got Celia,” She stated frantically looking at her friends frail body pulled close to the monster standing before her. 

        “Alpha Cassius I think it would be best if you let the girl go,” Celia froze. Her wide eyes slowly trailed up Alpha Cassius’ chest and to his face. Staring at the light stubble on his chin as the name processed through her brain. Her face paled as her blood ran cold.

        Thoughts ran through her head at a million miles an hour, but only one seemed to process in her brain. Her mate is a monster.

•••

My new years resolution was to upload longer chapters. As you can see I am doing a great job...

Anyways, I will try harder to make a longer next chapter. It's going to happen! Also, I'm really sorry this chapter isn't up to my normal standards, I felt as if it was just contantly jumping to different characters and it made it seem slightly choppy. I did try to fix it up a bit but I'm sorry it's not as smooth as I wished.

OH OH! CELIA IS ON THE SIDE! :D If you know who this model is, please let me know haha I found them on some ad and it didn't say their name...

Please don't forget to vote and comment! It's like giving little kids lollies and I literally smile like the biggest idiot when I see that someone is reading and enjoying my book. So thank you everyone for reading! Xxxx

C O M M E N T  /  V O T E  /  F O L L O W