Why now?

Someone please explain to me why now!

The two were glaring at one another, like they wanted to kill each other immediately, just as I predicted.

I didn't know what to do at that moment, it seemed like everyone else didn't feel the tension in the air like I did since they were still having the time of their lives. I then felt Winston's arm put itself around me before he moved me closer towards him.

I didn't miss how Xavier's eyes hardened slightly when he looked at where Winston rested his hand. Serves him right.

"No." Winston spoke out harshly. Xavier looked at me for a few before he turned his attention back to Winston, still glaring at him as he took a step forward.

"I'm not asking for your permission little boy, nor am I talking to you. I'm asking Arii." He stated, getting ready to grab my arm but Winston pulled me from his reach.

"I promise you, you'll get out of my way unless you want to end up dead. She doesn't need your protecting." I saw as his jaw seemed to be more of an ticking bomb, the more upset he'd get. Winston let out a dark laugh.

"You've got some fucking nerve you bastard. Thinking you can just show up like you've done nothing, like you're some saint, as if she's just gonna go back to you. You not a king! You have no power, no authority over her. Even if you were, she still wouldn't. I won't ever allow that. I won't allow her to become her past self again, because of you.

You will not come here, acting all civilized just to put her down again. I've been waiting for this day, I've dreamed about our next timing seeing each other. How I would kill you, watch you suffer, how I'd shove a- you know what, how about you just find out?" Knowing that he was serious, I quickly got out of his hold and stood between the two men that were way taller than me.

The both of them aching to go at each other's throat, breathing hard as if they've just finished running an hour long marathon. I turned towards Winston and glared at him.

"You will not do this. Seriously Winston? This event is so important to you and you're just willing to throw it away for what? For him?" I looked at him in disbelief and shock, him looking at me with a pained expression.

"I wouldn't throw shit away for that son of a bitch." He hissed out.

"Then why would you risk fighting in front of all these people? Your friends? Your boss?" I asked, him sighing out softly.

"For you."

Call me a soft bitch all you want, words get to me. My eyes began to well in tear but not much so I was still able to see mostly.

"Your my bestfriend Axarii. You're literally the little sister I've always wanted, I'd kill to be your actual brother. It hurts me to see you cry over this guy who doesn't even deserve you. I hate seeing you cry, constantly trying to hide the pain from the kids. You don't need that in your life Rii." He muttered, I saw as his eyes began to well up with tears also.

Aww.

My little bear bear cares for me!