32. Please stay mom

Start from the beginning

Oh my god, it's true, how the hell did I end up in a mafia family?

"Fine keep ignoring my question". I said as I turned around and started walking towards the of closed space. As the two bodyguards saw me walking up to them they opened up the entry and got out of the way. As I walked in I started looking for my mom in between the people. Eventually I spotted her sitting next to Mr Kim at the back.

I walked up to them as my mom spotted me walking towards her. "Mom, I want to go". I said as I reached her.

"Why honey? You just arrived". She said as she pulled out a chair for me to sit on.

'Because we are freaking surrounded by mafia!'. I wanted to say but stayed with what Jimin told me. "I don't feel well. The cramps are unbearable". I told her. Actually the cramps aren't as bad as they did before but I don't want to stay here any longer.

"Aaah sweetheart, we will go home, I have already talked to all the important people anyways, so we can go". She said and stood up.

"Sweetheart, I'm going back home with Y/n. You will be fine, right?". My mom said to Mr Kim.

"Yes of course. We will see you two back at home". Mr Kim said as he stood up and gave a peck on my mom's cheek, he then wanted to give me one too but I dodged away, no way he is ever going to touch me again. Mr Kim didn't even look that surprised as I dodged away but a light sight left his mout and then left towards who ever knows where.

"Lets go home". My mom smiled as we walked towards the exit. As we were leaving I was busy looking around the building, I saw a few of my stepbrothers talking to an old but well build man. On the dance floor you could see Jimin dancing around with a woman in her early twenties and I saw Mr Lee standing at the bar, he was talking on the phone as he was grinning at me and then he turned around.

How could I have been so blind? It was so obvious. The files I found in Mr Kims desk, the day Hoseok and Taehyung left to what I thought was a under ground fighting match but was probably some mafia business, having control in school and the anger issues they have, it all makes sense. They are in the freaking mafia. The whole business meeting is just a cover up.

But my mom is acting like she was busy talking to CEO's of important businesses, she should have noticed something wrong around here. Unless...

Unless she knew about it.

I suddenly stood still, did my mom know? No she can't, she wouldn't keep this a secret from me.

"Honey, why did you stop walking? The car is over here". My mom said as she pointed at the black car a few steps away.

I shook my head and gave her a weak smile. "It's nothing". I said as I walked towards the passengers seat. At least I'm happy that I don't have to share a car with my stepbrothers.

Immediately after my mom unlocked the car I opened the door and got in. We both put on our seatbelts and then my mom started driving of the property.

But what if my mom knew about Mr Kims business? The thought popped back up in my head. If she knew, she is putting her and my life in danger. She wouldn't do something like that to me, I won't believe it.

We sat in silence for the first few minutes as we both didn't say anything. I was putting my concentration on the cars passing us as my mom was busy driving.

In my head I was busy denying the fact that my mom knew about it, but I need to know the truth, if she knew, can I ever trust her again?

"Mom". "Y/n". We said at the same time.

"You first". My mom said as she took a turn.

"Mom you need to answer honestly, promise?". I said as I looked at her. My mom responded with a nod. "Did you know... Did you know that Mr Kim is in the mafia?". I asked a little hesitant.