... And I Said No, No, No

Thanks for everyone who's faved it, reviewed it or read it! Much appreciated.

Things I own: a lot of plastic storage containers, 875 mg Amoxicillin, and half tank of gas

Things I don't own: Twilight and all characters associated with it. They belong to the esteemed Stephenie Meyers

Chapter 14: ...And I Said No, No, No. But I Went Anyway

I drove us back to my apartment. Bella was still zonked out in the front seat. Once there, I picked her up and carried her to my place, depositing her on the couch. I put her bag of meds on the counter and went back downstairs to get her clothes. I was gone for no more than a minute or two. I heard a blood curdling scream from my apartment. I raced up into my home and found Bella in a fetal position on the couch, clawing at the leather.

"Bella! Bella, love! Wake up," I called as I caressed her cheeks. Her eyes shot open and she growled at me, shoving me away.

She got up from the couch and started to stumble to the door. I followed her and held to my chest. "Let me go," Bella spat. She wiggled and squirmed, trying to break free from grip. "You left me. You lied."

"Bella, I had to get your clothes," I said in her ear. "I'm not leaving you. You're stuck with me."

"No. Leave me alone, Whipping Boy," she growled as she began her squirming anew. Her fingernails were digging into my skin, breaking it.

"This isn't you, Isabella," I snarled. "I'm not letting you go. Do you want to get better? Do you want to be clean?"

She slumped and stopped fighting me. She nodded minutely.

"Say it, Bella. Do you want to be clean? No more drugs?"

"Yes, Edward," she whispered.

"I don't believe you," I whispered in her ear. "Make me believe you."

"Yes, Edward," she said as she stood up straighter in my arms. "I have to get clean. No more drugs."

"Good," I said as I slowly released my hold around her tiny frame. "Sorry, I was holding you so tightly."

"It felt nice. Weird as that sounds," Bella chuckled as she turned. She put her hands on my chest, looking up at me. "I'm sorry that I'm..."

"Bella, I'm not going to lie. It'll probably get worse before it gets better," I said as I wrinkled my nose. "I pushed everyone away when I was in rehab. Emmett, my therapists, my few friends that I did have in the center. I was horrible. But, they still fought for me. Still pushed me. It was because of their support that I managed to get clean and stay clean. I'd feel like I'd disappoint them if I didn't. You're probably going to hate me and take it out on me. But you need to know that the harshest of words will not push me away. Like I said, you're stuck with me. I'm in this for the long haul. So are Alice, Emmett, Jasper and everyone else from the shop. We're your family. We love you. Some of us more than others, but we love you."

"Family. You're my family," Bella said quietly, a soft smile playing on her features. "I've never really had a family."

"I know, love. But now you do," I said as I tucked a hair behind her ear. "Just do me one favor, though. When you attack me, promise me you won't pull out any piercings. I'm such a pussy with getting things pierced." SMACK! "There's my girl."

"Ass. But I love you."

"I know. You only smack the ones you love," I teased. Bella put her head on my chest, wrapping her arms around my waist, chuckling. "I love you, too, Bella. You're going to get through this."