Part Ten

Korra was in her room looking at the ceiling, Megan had gone off to do whatever. They had kissed at the lake and went back to the hotel together tho they hadn't talked about it, Korra wasn't sure what to think she liked the kiss but had a feeling it wasn't right.

Korra was about to fall asleep when someone knocks on her door, she groans and gets out of bed before walking to the door and opening it.

Megan blushes a bit "So uhm can I sleep here tonight my roommate has a 'friend' over" She asks nervously, afraid to be rejected.

Korra takes her hand and pulls her into the room locking it behind them, she gave Megan a kiss on the cheek and falls back on the bed holding her arm out so Megan could cuddle with her.

She was far to tired and sleepy to think about anything she was doing right now, she wasn't thinking about anything really just that she wanted to cuddle someone and feel loved.

Megan takes off her shoes and jacket, she was already in her pajamas so she just cuddled up to Korra, they both hum and fall asleep in each others arms.

***

A few floors above Bolin was having some trouble falling asleep, his neighbors were having a bit of fun and were very, very, loud.

He kept on hearing something hit the wall and a bed squeak, putting his pillow over his head he grounded and threw a small rock to the wall.

When he finally could fall asleep it was about two in the morning and his alarm was at eight.

***

Asami was laying in bed, the otherside empty. Before Mako could've done anything really bad he was called away by his parents, she'd locked herself up in their room the rest of the day.

She cried into a pillow and held a shirt in her hands, clutching it to her chest. It was one of the shirts Korra had borrowed, Maki and his family hadn't taken this one away since they didn't know about it.

The smell of Korra calmed her a bit but she still felt awful, her eyes red from crying and her cheeks wet. She fell asleep crying

***

Mako was against the wall with his so called father infront of him, his hand was at Mako's throat as he told him yet another threat.

He was drunk once again and had released his aggression that he was feeling on Mako, he had hit him so many times that almost his complete body was black and blue.

His adopted mother had hit Mako once and threatened him that if he didn't get Bolin back and to be better, she'd do something super bad..

***

Megan was cuddled up into Korra's side, her arms around Korra's and Korra's around her. She felt saver then she had in a while and smiles, something about Korra was so peaceful and she loved it. Not having felt this way in a long time has hurt her trust a bit, she had been manipulated and abused before so she was very nervous about it all.

She woke up at about six and peeled out off Korra's embrace before putting on her shoes and going to a different room to change into her normal uniform, she went to the kitchen and helped prepare breakfast and set the tables. Satisfied with the results she asked her boss if she could have a small break this morning so she could have a talk with a friend, the time she would take would go of off her lunch time.

She agreed and put a jacket over her uniform and walks to Korra's room, by now it was about eight in the morning and some people were already eating.

She walks up the stairs and goes to Korra her room, she waits a bit before knocking. The door opens showing a dressed Korra, she smiles at Megan and steps out the room following her to the dining room.

The cheap hotel wasn't that cheap after all, Korra just realized this. She had probably gotten a discount on how she looked and after she asked to know if there was a room with the money she had, she had seemed so desperate then as she really wanted to sleep in a real bed.

Megan took Korra's hand in hers and pulls her along, Korra didn't know what was going on as she was still waking up.

Bolin was sitting at a table with some tea, he nervously plays with the cup. Last time he saw Korra she needed friends and now the only people she saw as friends had turned against her, as people think and she aswell.

Megan sat down infront of Bolin and Korra next to her, Bolin smiles at Megan but it didn't reach his eyes. Korra looks at Bolin while clenching her fist, he  nervously looks at Korra and smiles.

She slams her fist on the table and stands up "Get away Bolin" She mumbles "Go back to Mako and Asami" She bitterly says, Megan looks at Bolin knowing the name of Mako and Asami aswell. She stays silent, Bolin opens his mouth "Kor- Ally, we need your help it is not what you think okay... I need your help... Asami does" He mumbles the last part, Korra opens her mouth to say something but was cut off when Mako storms into the hotel restaurant.

He looks at Bolin, he looked panicked and very uneasy, Mako hugs his brother "Little bro" He mumbles, he thought that something might've happened to him with the anti bender group growing.

Korra stares at Mako anger boiling up inside her, when Mako noticed someone staring he looks at Korra. He yelps and bows his head to her "Avatar" He mumbles "Korra, I am sorry for the things I did before I just didn't want anything to happen to my little brother please understand" He looks at her, his eyes were dim and he had a black eye. He had some dried blood on his lip, he went here right after his parents were done with him.

Korra looks at him and opens her mouth to say something but was cut off by Megan "Avatar Korra?" She mumbles and gasps "AVATAR KORRA" She yelled getting the attention of everyone in the restaurant.

***

Asami was at the front desk of the hotel, again, she talks to the receptionist smiling. She gave them some money to cover for Korra's cost and scratches her neck nervously, she had been paying for Korra's hotel room and food since she arrived here. She had been making sure she'd be alright on her own, she walks to the restaurant after hearing someone yell.

She saw a table flipped with Bolin and a girl trying to get Korra of off Mako, she smiles a bit but realized Korra was really gonna hurt him and ran over to them "Korra!" She yells and Korra looks at Asami, her features soften and the knife pointed at Mako's throat got moved away.

"Asami" She mumbles and stood up from Mako, she looks at the four people surrounding her and the crowd that had gathered and ran away jumping through a window.

Asami looks at Mako and he smirks at her, she looks at Bolin and hugs him putting a check in his hand as the pull away. She nods to him and he starts running away pulling Megan along, Asami looks at Mako and he angrily glares at her.

He grabbed her arm roughly and took her away, they walk a bit and he then pushed her into an alley "I told you that if you go against me again there would be consequences" He says as he slams her into a wall making her groan out of pain "I will get you one way or another, even if I need to force you" He says and forces a drink down her throat.

Her throat burns and she starts feeling light headed and dizzy, she falls into his arms and he picks her up before everything goes black