Bloody Waters

Author's Note
Only read this if you've completed StarCrossed!
_________________________

Author's Note Only read this if you've completed StarCrossed!_________________________

|Rico & Ring|

The sunlight streamed through the window and created shadows on their naked bodies. Three weeks had passed since they'd confessed their love, and Rico felt certain that his feet hadn't touched the ground yet.

In fact, he'd talked about Ring so much that his dad had lovingly threatened to stuff a rag in his mouth if he didn't shut it.

But Rico's desire to wallow in his happiness flourished; especially now, after they'd just finished making love during his lunch break at Blaze. Still wrapped in each other's arms, they lay naked and exhausted.

Rico had spent all night by his brother's bedside the previous night, just like he'd done every night since Quincy was shot. So he was tired and sleepy, yet he didn't want to close his eyes, in fear that Ring won't be there when he woke up.

Earlier, their lovemaking had bordered on overwhelming, Rico couldn't seem to get enough of Ring. Every time Ring touched him, his insides turned to mush, he was so pliable that the male could do anything he wanted with him.

While that excited him, it also gave him cause for concern. He feared he loved Ring too much and that something would happen to tear them apart.

Quincy was one of the strongest people Rico knew, and seeing him so lifeless and helpless triggered an anxiety Rico didn't even know he had. He couldn't help but fear that someone was going to take Ring away from him, just like they took Q away from Sebby.

Seeing how emaciated and broken Sebby has been these past three weeks scared him, he never wanted to go through that. Ever!

"God, I don't ever wanna lose you." Ring whispered, as if he'd read Rico's thoughts.

"Best believe I ain't ever going nowhere papi." Rico reassured him, rolling onto Ring's body and laying on him.

Rico's mind drifted to Dre, who had shown up at Blaze early today acting stupid. He hadn't told Ring about his encounter with Ring's uncle at the mall weeks ago, and now he wasn't sure if he should tell him about this one.

He wasn't sure how Ring would react, and Rico didn't want him putting himself in any type of danger on account of this foolishness. The cartel didn't play about theirs, and Dre was high up in rank.

But because Ring didn't fear anybody, he was probably gonna bust in there guns blazing and get himself killed.

"I can feel the wheels turning in your head baby, what's going on up there?" Ring asked, sliding his hand up and down Rico's back in a soothing manner.