Chapter 10: Drunk Lord

Start from the beginning

"Is that...is that why you're drunk?" I whisper, he slowly gets to his feet and then staggers to me but I move back as he is about to touch deep hurt flashes in his electric eyes.

"What did I do wrong Aurora? What did he do that made you feel something for him?" I don't bother to correct him, I didn't feel anything for Kenji, we were both using each other. Q

"He reminded me of home. The human world, he didn't...didn't try to force me to be anything." I say lowly, Xanthus narrowes his eyes at me in pure surprise.

"That's a lie Aurora, you and I both know you're lying! I just don't fucking get it Aurora, what am I doing wrong? You yell at me, run from me, curse me out, call me names. Why...why do you fucking hate me?"

"Because you are a fucking demon Xanthus! I can't show you anyother emotion than hate! You dragged me here against my will and expect me to play right into your sick and twisted fantasy? You want a mate and a fucking queen? Well guess what? I can never been any of those!" I'm standing in front of him as I push my birthmark in his face. "I don't know how, but I know you're responsible for this mark on my wrist? That day you pressed it and I felt pain in no ways I never have. Hell, I had never felt pain like the ones I have felt here and you want me to show you love?" I laugh sarcastically.

My eyes are hard on him, and his face show he is surprised like everything I had just listed is something he had no idea of.

"I...I hurt you?" His voice is small coated in disbelief and I blink at the shock in his eyes, he slowly brought my wrist down a bit and runs his thumb over the mark. "That...that wasn't my intention little dawn. I swear, I fucking swore I'd never hurt you. Fuck." I yank my wrist from his wrist because I can't tell if he is acting or not.

Honestly I couldn't care less. "Kenji never did that. He never hurt him and that is why I showed him affection."

"What do I have to do to have your affection?" He asks as I proceed to walk to the couch behind him.

I stop and without turning back I answer. "Be human."

I hear him suck in deep breath, It's something that can never happen. A demon can never be human not even Kenji was human, all we had was a physical attraction but Xanthus doesn't know that and I don't plan on telling him.

"So you're just going to give up?" He asks in a small voice, he doesn't sound like an all-powerful demon lord. Now he sounds like a man begging his lover to return.

I turn my head slightly as I speak. "You can only give up if there was ever something."

Then I move to the couch and lay there, knowing his electric eyes filled with hurt are still on me I shut mine and then try to fall asleep ignoring the pang in my chest.

•••

There's an awkward air between us that I hope no other person in the room could feel but I know that's a lie as the general's eyes keep switching between us as they speak.

When we woke up this morning we didn't speak to each other only a head nod got us through the day, now afternoon we still haven't said a word to each other.

What could we even possibly say? Sorry I hurt you? Or sorry I kissed Kenji? Because believe it or not, I hurt Xanthus and it doesn't feel as great as I thought it would, it only made me slightly bad.

I wasn't raised to be bad to people but then again Xanthus isn't people, he is a demon that hurts me and claims he had no idea. But how much of that is true?

"It's like a...a pattern. This was where the first attack took place and this is where the second attack took place." The slim man circled two places with his fingers as he stares up at hislord, nervousness flashing in his eyes as Xanthus doesn't provide an answer straight away.

The man's eyes switch to me, while other fidget with their fingers. I'm honestly amused, they are acting like their lord is a ticking time bomb that is just seconds away from going off.

"The number of demons that escaped yesterday was more than the other day," he continues still holding the map.

It's funny how they didn't want to speak when they entered the study and saw me but after Xanthus nodded for them to go on, and they saw he wasn't in the best mood they couldn't argue now their eyes are begging for me to say something, but poor demons have no idea I wouldn't be spared either if Xanthus manages to go off.

"No lead on who gave the order for the demons to be released?" He finally speaks, I see all three men release the breath they were holding. The demon lord doesn't seem to care they are terrified of his mood, hell, I'm sure the whole of Dapphion can finally breathe now knowing he has finally spoken since morning.

He is still in a foul mood, I can tell from the dark clouds outside and swirling fire in his eyes—the generals are avoiding eye contact for the fear the fire might burn straight at them. While I enjoy the fire, it's unique and beautiful.

Something I'd never tell him.

When we finally lock eyes from across the room I nervously look out the window, "N-no your highness. It has to be someone with high power." another general speaks.

I look just in time to see a tiny sardonic smile creep up Xanthus' lips.

"I think it's high time I visited my dear brother in that prison he calls a castle." He gets to his feet, his generals fall to their knees.

"Your highness! No, the–" his words die when Xanthus shoots him a glare.

His brother? Wonderfuckingful.

꧁꧂

Another chapter! Have a nice day/Night🖤🖤🖤🖤