Chapter 20

"You ready?" I asked, waiting behind the bedroom door for Frank to put on some decent clothes.

Hearing the sound of cloth touching the skin, I guessed he wasn't done yet. "Uh, just...one more moment..." he mumbled, letting out a couple of weak coughs as the sound stopped. Finally, I heard him walking towards the door, turning the doorknob. He opened the dark brown, wooden door, revealing him wearing a cute, stripped red and black shirt, the long sleeves hanging loosely from his slim shoulders. The crooks of his neck were apparent, making him look soft and gentle. Just like he was. He was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, the black cloth covering his legs. The sight made me smile, starring at my gorgeous lover with adoration and love.

Eventually, a smile covered his lips as he noticed my outfit, it being a black button up shirt with the button below the collar left open. My sleeves were rolled up, covering from above my elbow. Black normal jeans were there as well, my hands hanging from the pockets.

"You look...like you could turn straight guys gay." He joked, laughing sweetly. I felt a blush form on my cheeks, the joke making me smile none the less. I leaned my arm against the doorway, right above Frank's head.

"So...I'm guessing you're just scared they might steal me." I asked, smirking.

He frowned, a smile still apparent on his lips as he pushed me slightly, just so it was a harmless hit in the chest. "No, because I'm gonna haunt you forever no matter what." He answered, looking at me in the eyes. As much as I wanted to laugh, I couldn't. Because there was something in his eyes. Something that just went against what he had just said. I wasn't sure if it was just me or if it was actually there, but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. He looked away, passing me as he walked into the living room. He counted the money on the kitchen counter, nodding and placing it back down. I walked towards him, hugging him. As I felt his arms wrap around me and his hand wandering around in my hair, I began stroking his back, kissing the bare parts of his neck. He pushed me away slightly, smiling as he rubbed my arms.

"So don't you wanna go?" He asked, pointing at the clock that was placed above the television. It showed eleven thirty, making my eyes go wide. But then when I remembered my plan, I calmed back down, smiling slightly. I nodded at Frank, grabbing the money and making sure that the keys were with me.

Before Frank had the chance to, I opened the door, revealing the black car parked right in front of the house. His eyes went wide, looking at me with confusion. My smile only grew wider, stepping outside. "I asked Mikey to kind of convince my mom to let me use the car. And so, here we are. Ours till tomorrow." I muttered proudly, the explanation making Frank grin from ear to ear.

"You're the fucking best." Frank said as he hugged me, way tighter this time, leaving me kind of struggling to breathe. But I hugged back, loving every single moment of it. After we parted, I opened the car door for him, leaving him smirking widely as he sat in the car. I closed the door, beginning to walk towards the driver's seat. I settled in, buckling up. So did Frank, now really excited about our day. Just like I was.

I drove, the journey silent and peaceful, since both of us were only excited to see what was going to happen. It took us awhile to get to our destination. But when we did, Frank jumped out of the car, trying to figure out what I had planned. I took his hand carefully, the cold making me shiver a little. I had brought an extra jacket with me so Frank could use it if he got cold. We walked inside the green park, walking towards where we were going to eat lunch. Frank followed me impatiently, trying so hard to find out where we were going. We passed the fountains, the children who were playing volleyball, and the elders who sat on the old wooden benches, talking. We reached an almost high hill, a big tree on the top. As we reached the top, Frank's eyes went wide from seeing a blanket on the ground under the tree, shadows keeping it cool. The food was placed in a basket hung from one of the branches of the tree, waiting for us to grab it and place it on the ground. Frank ran both his hands through his eyes, looking at the stuff like they were foreign.