( six ) the necklace

THE NECKLACE
' oh, so you're into that '

"Do you think Five likes Seven?" The young girl blurts out, asking her best-friend as lays down on the roof, staring up at the starry sky

"Do you think Five likes Seven?" The young girl blurts out, asking her best-friend as lays down on the roof, staring up at the starry sky. The boy passes the girl a donut before sighing.

"Why y-you jealous, smalls?" The boy teases, causing the girl the punch his bicep playfully.

"No, i'm just wondering." The girl says before taking a bite of the donut. "I saw them making googly eyes at each other at dinner."

"G-googly eyes, really R-Reese?" The boy chuckles.

"What? It's true. You should've seen it." The girl cringes at the memory.

"Well, th-those two are so d-diff-different and you and h-him have a lot more in-in common. So I don't th-think you need to f-feel threatened."

"Pfft, threatend whot?" The girl says, her mouth stuffed with donuts making her words sound like gibberish, making the boy roll his eyes.

"Whatev-ever." A figure walking around the the streets catches the two teens eyes.

"Oo, its that cute dog again! It's so big and fluffy!" The girl squeals. "I wish my dog at home was bigger. Small dogs are so annoying."

"I like sm-small dogs."

"And small dogs like you too." The girl chuckles. "Hey, when we get that apartment when we're older, let's get two dogs. One big and one small."

"Yeah, if you don't run away with Five instead." The boy says making the girl scoff.

"Hey, I promised you that we would get out of this place together. And why would I wanna go anywhere with him? We will just fight all the time."

"Yeah, I know." Two says, feeling guilty of accusing his best friend of something so low. "Sorr-"

"Don't apologize, Two. You're my best friend, i'm not mad at you." The boy sighs in relief.

"L-Love you, smalls."

"I love you too, Two."

"Morning, guys, whats for break-"

Luther and Allison don't give the girl a second glance as they walk out of the dining room. Reese let's out a sad sigh before taking her spot on the table.

"Good morning, Reese. Sleep well?"

"Yes, I noticed you washed my sheets yesterday, thank you for that, Grace." Reese says, plastering on a small smile before looking down at the plate in front of her. "This looks delicious."

"Well, eat up. I'll be in the greenhouse watering the plants if you need anything." And with that Grace walks out of the room, leaving Reese alone with her thoughts.