Zuko || Best Friends Brother pt. 2

I was sitting alone in the back of the war balloon, staring out at the horizon. How had so much changed in less than a day? Sighing, I put my elbow on the window ledge, resting my head on top of my hand.

A few moments later, I heard the door slide open, and I turned to see who was coming in.

"Is this seat taken?" A voice asked, the same voice that still made my heart stop. I nodded, and he sat down next to me. Even in his red prisoner uniform, he still looked undeniably attractive.

"So, Zuko, why are you here?" I blurted out, pulling my eyes up to meet his. He laughed softly. God, when was the last time I heard him genuinely laugh?

"Right to the point, I see. Well, that's what I was going to ask you. Why did you decide to come with us?" Honestly, this was a good question. I knew why, of course. So I had to come clean.

"Well, besides most likely being on thin ice with Azula, I-um- I kind of like you." I confessed. The room went silent for a bit, and I didn't know if I had done something wrong.

"Im sorry, I shouldn't have sa-" He interrupted me by cupping my face in his hand, causing me to lose my train of thought.

"No no, I'm glad you did. I like you too y/n."

"Wait you do? I thought you liked Mai?" I replied. Mai and him had had an off-and-on relationship when we were kids, which was why I was so hesitant to tell him.

"From when we were kids? That was years ago. In all honesty, I'm glad that you came with us. Now you can meet everyone, and catch up with all of us." He explained, smiling softly at me. I felt the aircraft come to a stop on the ground. Quickly, Zuko grabbed my hand, pulling me up.

"Come on, let's go meet everyone!" I laughed at him as he dragged me towards the exit.

"Okay okay, I'm coming, I'm coming." We stepped out onto the hard ground, and headed towards a camp that was set up. Even from far away, I could see the giant flying bison that they had.

"The meat of friendship, and fatherhood." The water tribe boy-apparently named Sokka-said as he finished his monologue. The Kyoshi warrior and his father stepped out from behind the large rock in front of Zuko and I, and someone ran to embrace the latter.

"Wait, there's two more behind that rock." A soft voice said. I assumed it belonged to the earthbender girl.

"Who is it Toph?" Someone-maybe the avatar?-asked. So I was right.

"Zuko, and-"

"Me." I said as we walked into view. Quickly, her and the water tribe girl got into a fighting stance, obviously still thinking I was a threat.

"Sokka what is she doing here? Isn't she with Azula?" The water bender asked. She opened her pouch, preparing to attack. Having noticed this, Zuko pushed me behind him, pulling his hand out of my grasp.

"Hey, don't you dare touch my partner." He responded, preparing to fight back. Shock crosses over their faces. Then, Toph started giggling, which caused all of us to start laughing too. Well, everyone except Zuko.

"What's so funny?" I put my hand on his shoulder lightly, and he looked at me, genuine confusion plastered on his face.

"Awww, little baby Zuko finally settled down." Toph explained between laughs. Now understanding, Zuko joined us in the laughter. Everyone relaxed, and we all headed back towards the camp.

~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~

Zuko was sitting down, tending to the fire in front of us. I walked over, and took a seat beside him.

"So, partner huh?" I smirked, turning to face him. His face went bright pink, and he brought his hand up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well-I-um...." He whispered, obviously nervous. Leaning over, I quickly kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't worry, I don't mind."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: here is part two, so i hope you enjoyed! as always, leave a comment if you have a character or scenario you'd like to see, and i will see you guys next time.

bye benders!