Chapter 1: We'll Be Alright

authors note : hey anyone that reads this! this is my first book i've ever made so please don't judge any spelling or grammar mistakes because i'm no professional :) anyways i hope you enjoy this chapter❤️ also harry and bree are 19 in this story

Bree Williams

I wake up and go straight in my bathroom to shower because the big days finally here. I walk in and look at myself in the mirror and sadly sigh. I've always been bigger but it never really occurred until sixth grade when some boy in my class gave me the nickname Miss. Piggy. Each grade the bullying would get worse and worse. Ever since then i've been hiding my eating disorder from my family. I take off my pyjamas and look at myself naked in the mirror and my eyes slowly tear up "why me? why did i have to be fat?" i silently sob as i walk into the shower and turn it on. The warm water instantly covers me and distracts me from what just happened I then continue on to having a normal shower with a little crying.(This is hitting a lil close to home😳)I get out the shower and dry off and start to brush my teeth and my curly brown hair. I then put on some light makeup and get dressed i put on a pair of high waisted light blue mom jeans, a white tank top cropped into my jeans, and a cropped pastel purple cardigan over the top that has two little laces on each side to tie it closed. "Bree it's time to go!" i hear my mom yell as my heart is beating a million miles a minute. I quickly through on a random pair of white sneakers and start to breathe heavily. Hundreds of thoughts go through my head as i walk out my bedroom door and down the stairs to leave to go audition for a chance to sing with someone that's more than an idol to me, the one person that saved my life, the person that helps me try to be comfortable in my own skin, the person i love more than myself even though i don't know the real him.

what if they hate my body? what if they laugh at me? what if they hate my voice? what if i don't get a change at all? there's definitely skinnier, way more pretty girls there.

"shut up" I say under my breath, "what was that Ms. Bree Jenalyn Williams?" "i- nothing mom" of course she heard me she hears every damn thing. We get in the car and are on our way to the audition. Ironically the first song my phone plays on aux is one of his songs. put a price on emotion, looking for something to buy. His voice is so fucking angelic a voice like no other, his voice is like heaven to my ears. "so.. are you nervous?!" my mom cuts off my thoughts. "nervous is an understatement" i say sarcastically. "well I believe in you my girl and I know you'll do amazing. I'm so proud of how far you've come" she grabs my hand and moves her thumb up and down the side of my hand affectionately to show she means it. "I love you mom" "I love you too my frecklefaced baby" i laugh my baby i'm 19 years old... I'm the only one with freckles in my family and that's been my nickname as long as i could remember. The thoughts flood back so I attempt to distract myself by focusing on the song.

We'll be alright

For some reason those words really stuck out to me in this moment. His beautiful voice sing that kept replaying in my head and completely washed out all the negative thoughts. "we're here!" My mom practically yells in my ear in excitement which makes me jump "jesus mom okay" I laugh but in reality i'm about to shit my pants. My future is depending on this. If I don't make it through I may die. obviously not literally but I won't know what to do with my life. But I can't get my hopes up, Just get in fucking line Bree and shut up. I hug my mom and go on my way into this building through the doors i see a middle aged woman sitting at the front desk. Before i could even think anymore i hear "name?" "Bree Williams" " she then passes me a sticker with a number on it and i stick it on my leg. she then tells me where to go and line up and that they will call my number when they're ready for my audition. I walk to the left of the desk and as I turn the corner there's a whole line of people anxiously waiting to get called for their audition. I get in line and am behind this gorgeous skinny, blonde girl that just by the looks probably has an amazing voice. I don't say a word but she looks back at me and glares. I  Instantly smile because I don't know what else to do so I fidget around with my fingers and then grab my phone out of my pocket and start to look through instagram when i hear my name "Bree Williams?" I froze at first and look to see a Tall man with grey hair in a nice black suit. "Yes that's me" I smile "Okay Bree follow me" i walk into this random room that looks like a dance studio but it has carpeted floors and the walls are grey but there's a whole wall that is a mirror and I see two other people sitting there guess that they're the other judges. "Please stand on the red mark" I go on the red mark made out of tape on the carpet which is a couple feet away from the table. The man then goes to sit at the table and says the three words whenever you're ready. I shakily inhale, close my eyes and start to sing.

Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
Welcome to the final show
Hope you're wearing your best clothes
You can't bribe the door on your way to the sky
You look pretty good down here
But you ain't really good
If we never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
We gotta get away from here
Just stop your crying
It'll be alright
They told me that the end is near
We gotta get away from here
Just stop your crying
Have the time of your life
Breaking through the atmosphere
And things are pretty good from here
Remember everything will be alright
We can meet again somewhere
Somewhere far away from here
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
We gotta get away from here
Stop your crying
Baby, it will be alright
They told me that the end is near
We gotta get away from here
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
The bullets
We don't talk enough
We should open up
Before it's all too much
Will we ever learn?
We've been here before
It's just what we know
Stop your crying, baby
It's a sign of the times
We gotta get away
We got to get away
We got to get away
We got to get away
We got to get away
We got to, we got to (away)

I open my eyes to see them all smiling "thank you Bree please exit to the hall and we will call your number is you make it through."the same man says to me. I quickly walk out the door and go back in the line. I'm so happy that i didn't mess up or anything I think it went well. Hopefully good enough to make it. While i'm waiting I text her and tell her what's going on. I suddenly hear footsteps coming towards me i look up and it's a different man with black hair and a black suit. He looked like a security guard of some sort. "Ms. Williams, Someone would like to speak to you privately. Please follow me" The man says in a deeper voice then I expected. I then follow me and instantly get glares and hear gasps from certain people in the hallway. He leads me so far down this hallway that I can't see the people anymore we stop at a door that looks like any other door. He then opens it and we both walk in and I see someone sitting on the couch and instantly gasp "Hello! Come sit!"

holy shit.

Harry. Fucking. Styles. is here and is asking me to sit with him.

/////

well.. what did y'all think?
are you liking this so far?