Chapter 29: Heartbreaker

Once I entered my bedroom, I felt uneasy.

"Friday, is there anyone else in my room?" I asked.

"You are the only one in your current room," Friday told me. I felt relieved.

After everything that's happened, I was still shaken up. I didn't want to be alone. I couldn't even trust the comfort of my own bedroom.

Just to be sure, I checked under my bed, in my closet, behind every door, my bathroom, my lab and everything in between. God I hoped this feeling would go away.

I took my phone out of my pocket and opened the Messages app to text Peter. I wasn't sure if he would have known that I was missing or not, since I was only missing for a day.

Wait, what is today? I checked the date. Sunday. Okay, good. I was only there for a day. That also means I have school tomorrow.

Would it be different now that I knew I was in love with Peter? What should I even do about it? And what about Spider-Man? God damn I wish life was easier. I love Peter more than Spider-Man and I have to tell him that. I needed to tell him now. I hope he will understand.

I checked the time; 9:31pm. I wasn't going to sneak out again, so I went down into my dads lab to talk to him.

"Hey dad, uh. I was wondering if I could go talk to Spiderman for a bit? It won't be long, there is just something really important that he needs to know now," I said, trying to be very non-descriptive about what I was going to talk to him about. Dad turned around in his chair to face me.

"Do I want to know?" he asked, looking a bit concerned. I shook my head.

"Have Happy drive you to the apartment and walk you inside before you talk to him. I don't want Spider-Man knowing you are still here, he could get suspicious. Oh, and here is your new bracelet I've been working on," he said, handing me a new tech bracelet. I smiled and put it on.

"Thank you dad! I love you!" I said, kissing his cheek.

"Love you too! Be safe!" he said before I dashed downstairs.

Happy drove me to the apartment, and checked the whole thing before letting me inside. The coast was indeed clear.

"I'll be right outside when you are done," he told me before leaving. I went to the bedroom window and opened it. I crawled out to the fire escape and waited.

I wasn't 100% sure he would come, but if I knew him as well as I thought I did, he would try to check up on me eventually. Sure enough, after w few minutes, the webbed hero appeared and sat next to me in a quick motion.

"Hey. You doing alright?" he asked.

"I need to talk to you," I said, my heart pumping wildly.

"Oh okay," he said, shifting to look at me. It was hard, but I looked at him too.

"I like you. I really do. You have been so amazing. You've saved my life so many times. When we kissed, I felt fireworks. But I realized something. I love someone else," I said, almost breaking down into tears. Even though I couldn't see his face, I could see his sadness. He looked down, signaling to me that he was crying. I just continued to rip the band aid off.

"I'm so sorry. He's my best friend, and I love him in a way, that I'm not sure he loves me back, but I'm willing to take the chance. And if Peter feels the way about me, that I feel about him, then I'm willing to risk our relationship for him. I'm so sorry if I'm hurting you," I said, my head in my hands.

"Wait—what did you say?" he asked, not sounding hurt. I perked my head up in confusion.

"I just said a lot of things, you will have to be specific," I said, trying to lighten the mood a bit. It was hard to tell his emotion, but he didn't seem...sad anymore.

"Who did you say that you were in love with?" he asked.

"Uh, my best friend. Peter Parker," I said, worried that he would go kill him or something. He didn't move.

"Y/N...close your eyes," he told me suddenly. I was taken aback.

"Why would I close my eyes—"

"Just do it, please," he said, sounding anxious. I was really confused, but reluctantly, I closed my eyes. I heard some small movements coming from him, and got a bit worried.

"Look if this is some kind of trick I swear to G—" I began to say before it was cut short by his mouth embracing mine. I pulled away, eyes still shut.

"I'm sorry, I just told you I'm in love with someone else!" I exclaimed. What was he doing?

"Y/N..." he said, trailing off. I realized; his mask was completely off.

"I love you too," he said. I opened my eyes.