Chapter 15: Should I be worried?

(A/N: Credit to Spider Tans ^)

The next morning, I made sure I set an alarm since Friday wouldn't be there to wake me up. I didn't get a lot of sleep, but I didn't need a lot of sleep to function properly.

I checked my phone and saw some texts from my dad telling me to call him when I woke up. I was hoping for some good news. I dialed his number and waited.

"Hey kiddo!"

"Hey dad! So what's happening? Is it safe for me to come home today after school?" I asked.

"For now, yes. But, we added more security. I shouldn't tell you this because I didn't want to worry you, but, we figured out that we were hacked from the inside. Someone disguised themself and was willingly let in our home," he whispered.

I was shocked. Our security was always reliable, even when we had the last Hydra issue way back when the Avengers first started. I was young, but it was hard to ignore the security.

"Wait dad, what about my fake id? What if they detect that I'm not an intern?" I worried.

"Hon, you don't think I've already taken care of that?" he told me.

Basically, we can't trust everyone in the whole Avengers Tower to keep my secret, so I have an id that was approved by my father himself, that I am one of the Avengers interns, and that I work for them almost 24/7. No one has openly questioned dad about it, but I have gotten some looks.

"Okay. So what should I do when I get back?" I asked.

"I've already gone through my list of people that don't need the whole security sweep. This list is very short though. Only you, the Avengers, Happy, Pepper, and a few other associates that are defiantly not a threat," he said. I hoped he was right.

"Dad?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Is it possible that the break in was...was for me?" I asked, not actually wanting to know. There was a pause on the other side of the line.

"Well, there is no true way of knowing that. All we can do, is protect you in any and every way possible. That means, coming straight home after school, looking out for any suspicious kids, and staying close to your friends, like Peter, they can help protect you too," he said. I sighed.

"I mean, I'm going to, but how do you know Peter will protect me?" I asked, not really sure why I was.

"Well, he has a Stark internship, so I've seen him around. Nice boy, pretty strong looking. If he's your friend, you are safe with him," he concluded.

"Alright dad. I love you. See ya after school," I said.

"I love you too. Be careful," he reminded, before I hung up the phone.

Thankfully, Nat shipped over a few of my clothes so I could choose what I wanted to wear for today. They were pretty great options though. I settled on a red crop top, black high waisted leggings and a white sweater. I folded my hair into a loose side braid, and did my makeup.

Happy texted me telling me he was outside, so I ran downstairs to see him.

"Kid! How was the apartment?" he asked as I sat down.

"It was fine. I like the place. But, it is in desperate need of some style," I said. He chuckled.

"Yeah, your dad kinda chose it last minute, so he didn't have time to give it style," he said, starting the car.

"How's he been?" I asked.

"...you know your dad. Stressed," he replied back.

"Did he drink?" I asked. Happy looked at me from the re-view mirror.

"Not that I am aware of," he said.

I stared out the window, wondering if I had anything to worry about. I mean, how would anyone know about me? Just because I started attending school shouldn't raise any theories of my being a Stark girl.

Before I knew it, Happy had pulled up in front of Midtown. I said goodbye and got out. I immediately saw Peter walking into school, and decided to scare him. I walked up behind him and jumped on his back.

"AH WHAT THE HELL?!" he yelled, while flailing me around. I couldn't stop laughing. I let myself down and he started to laugh too.

"Jeez Y/N. That's one way to scare the absolute shit out of someone," he breathed.

"Haha sorry. I couldn't resist," I smirked. He blushed a little. I studied him a bit.

"You look...tired," I remarked.

"Yeah, I was up kinda late," he admitted.

"Me too. Just...uh...inventing stuff," I exaggerated, even though I wasn't really lying.

"May said she really liked meeting you, and if you ever wanted to come over again, you could," he said, beaming.

"She is so kind. I won't be able to for a while. You know, my dad doesn't want me being out when our house just got broken in to," I said. Peter bolted up.

"Oh yeah that reminds me, did you see that yesterday also, the Avengers tower was broken into as well?" he exclaimed. My heart skipped a beat.

"Oh...uh...no I didn't see that but, yeah that's so strange..." I said, starting to panic a bit.

"It probably had to do with the Stark industries employees or something. There were probably more employee houses broken into for information," he wondered. I remembered I had said my dad worked there (wasn't lying) as a tech designer or something.

"Probably," I said, shrugging.

Peter and I walked towards to chemistry, when a random guy walked up to us.

"Hey Peter! And who are you?" the guy asked. He seemed...nice?

"This is Y/N," Peter said, standing slightly in front of me. I reached out my hand to shake his.

"Yeah, and you are?"

"I'm Zach. May I say that you are absolutely stunning my dear?" he said, charmingly. I tried to hide my smile.

"Thank you," I said, looking to Peter, who did not look happy.

"Nice talking to you Zach but we are gonna be late," Peter said, lightly pushing me away from Zach.

"Oh wait! Do you guys wanna come to my party? You can invite your friends too. My house tonight at 10," he said.

"Yeah! Sounds fun," I said, before Peter lifted me up and carried me towards the classroom.