Chapter 26: Welcome to the World

4 hours later...
Sunday, July 18th
2:18 AM

"UGHHHHHHHHHHH" I cried in pain as my contractions kept getting worse and worse.

"You doing great baby." Adrian said as I squeezed his hand.

"Dad please make them give me the epidural" I whined.

"Paris I told you they said they will once you dilate a lil more." He said.

I wanted to punch the shit out of him for being so nonchalant.

"What it feel like??" Kam asked.

"Like...somebody is stabbing me in my lower back." I said as the contractions started to calm down.

This caught me so off guard. My baby wasn't due for a other week and a half and he wants to come the day I'm tryna enjoy myself and have a lil relaxing time. But then again, I was ready for him to come out—I hate being pregnant.

"I just wanna—ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I yelled in pain. These contractions were the worst and they kept coming more frequently.

3 hours later....

"Ahhhhhhhh" I panted as I pushed and pushed.

This was worse than period cramps. Period cramps ain't got shit on this. I mean this was terrible.

At this point, I was already 10 centimeters dilated and they already gave me epidural, so now it's all up to Mr. Man in my belly.

"Give us another push, mom." Another doctor said to me.

Please make it stop...

2 days later...

"Welcome home, son.." Adrian whispered to our newborn as he carried his car seat in the house.

We brought all his bags in and took him in his room—which I've been arranging for months.

"I think ya pops is still mad

"I think ya pops is still mad." Adrian said as he held the baby in his arms.

"They can all be mad as long as they want...if I don't want people around my baby right now I'm not obligated to have him around a whole bunch of people right now." I said as I sat in the rocking chair in his room.

"I get it. But t-"

"And it's not like they didn't see him when he first came out...so he don't have no reason to be mad."

Adrian nodded and looked back at our son who was in his arms.

"Let me see my baby." I said as he put him in my arms.

"Hi, Alijah." I softly said as I held my handsome son.

~Alijah Abraham King

"You are sooo handsome my baby!" I whispered to him.

He smiled at me.

"Oh yeah his hair gone be long. He gotta get some dreads bae." Adrian said as he stood behind me.

I laughed at him. "My baby is not getting no dreads."

"Mannnn! I thought you liked dreads" Adrian said.

"I like em on you."

He laughed and kissed me on the cheek.

As days went on, I started to feel more and more like a mom. I'm talking bout getting up at 2 and 4 in the morning to feed him, change him, make bottles, getting him to stop crying...it's exhausting.

I was barely eating, I was sad, crying out of no where, moody...I thought this ended after your gave birth??

I liked the idea of being a mom, but it's a lot to adjust to.