Chapter 22: We'll be at the Top Soon

Thursday, May 8th
12:00 PM
Paris Brooks~

"Nigga stop eating my fries!" Adrian said to me as he drove us home from Jack in the Box.

"Ok sorry these my couple of fries." I said as I took a handful.

He side eyed me.

"But aye. I wanna talk about somethin'"

"What daddy" I said as I ate his fries.

He glared at me.

"Ok I'm just playing what?" I laughed.

"I was thinking bout not having a wedding..just go to the courthouse and still have our honeymoon." He said as he came to a red light.

I looked at him to make sure he was serious.

"For real?"

"Yeah..cause a lotta money goes into a wedding, and we already got a son on the way. And I just think it's gone be less trouble." He said.

"You say that like we don't got money." I laughed.

"That's not the point—and no, we don't got all the money in the world...I mean yeah we financially stable but think bigger than that."

"We got my dad to help, I'm sure Tonya would help, and we got your grandparents. That's what the parents are supposed to do anyways."

"Well I'm just not into the whole big wedding thing. Everybody already know how much we love each other."

I looked at him and smiled.

"Aww my baby daddy love mee" I said as I played with his dreads.

"My baby mama love me?" He smirked.

"Hella." I said. "But if you don't wanna have a wedding that's fine. I'm not tripping. But we having a honeymoon. Best believe that."

"Shit lets go tomorrow then." He said with a straight face.

"Go where?"

"To the courthouse. Then we'll go on our honeymoon in a few weeks."

I like it when he's in control sometimes...it's sexy.

"Okay. Bet."

————

2:30 PM

"Bitch I'm lowkey scared to see his ass bro what the fuck" Alexys said as I drove us to my dad's house.

Lex drove down from San Diego today to come see Aaron. When I told him about what happened he cried. He was caught off guard like the rest of us.

"That was the most random shit that had ever happened to me. Like that shit was scary, Lex."

"So how is it wit him and London?" Lex asked me.

"Bro literally great. Like London act like she been knew him. They dead ass got a daddy-daughter relationship. That shit is hella crazy." I said.

"That's good though. She was always curious about her daddy. She barely even thought about Kia." He said. "Speaking of her, she know about Aaron yet?"

"Yep." I sighed. "Baby talking bout she coming to get full custody of London and shit. Like bitch shut yo flop ass up stop tryna act like you give a fuck about London." I said finding myself getting mad.

"Baby is weird as fuck. Somebody need to check her."

"Right." I agreed.

Soon we pulled up into my dad's driveway and got out.

I knocked and Aaron came to the door.

"Oh my GODDDDDD!" Lex screamed as he seen Aaron and slightly ran to the side of the porch. "Brooooo that's you??"

"Wassup mannnnn." Aaron walker out and gave Lex a hug.

"I cannot believe you bro" Lex said as he hugged him back. "Never thought I would say it but I missed yo ugly ass."

Aaron laughed at nudged him.

"Bro y'all won't believe what happened." Aaron said as he closed the front door behind us.

"Daddy got billion views!!!" London said as she jumped up and down.

"A million." Aaron laughed.

"On what??" Me and Alexys said at the same time.

"My YouTube video. I posted a video on YouTube about my whole experience in the last few years, not thinking nothing of if—and I woke up this morning and that muhfucka had 1.6 million views!" He said.

"So you told the world you faked yo death?" Lex's blunt ass said.

"Not just that—I mean I did but that's not the only thing I talked about. I talked about everything I went through in those 3 and a half years, how I overcame my depression, and what happened when I did it."

"Nigga you better get consistent wit YouTube and get yo ass a check every month. You need to make some money now—and not drug money." I said.

"One step ahead of you." Aaron said. "I already did everything to complete my channel. I used the lil bit of money I did have left over to buy a camera and a laptop. Homie, I'm for real finna get into this shit.
I got 9 thousand subs right now."

"Okaaayyy...niggas making hella money off this so I believe you can do it too." I said.

"Hella." Lex agreed.

"We gone be at the top soon ain't that right Lo?" Aaron said as he picked London up and kissed her on the cheek.

"Yep!" She smiled.

I'm glad I get to see my baby this happy. I love the relationship her and Aaron already have.