I always took the two exact same flavors every time I went to get ice cream. I didn't even have to think a second to answer her question.

"A scoop of cookies and a scoop of lemon," was all I said.

I realised I wasn't being exactly the nicest person I could be and I really wanted to try to have a great time tonight.

"What about you?" I asked friendly.

Iris' face looked like her head was about to blow up from thinking too hard.

"Aaa, I don't know!" She answered.

We both laughed.

That was the moment I noticed Harper. She was standing with her parents and her scoops of cookies and lemon ice cream...

I had almost forgotten about her, even though we always took those two flavors together. I almost had forgotten about how awful I felt about the way I treated her.

I could see tears bottling up in Harper's eyes. Her dad whispered something in her ear and soon the three of them walked away.

Harper had probably told her parents about everything. I wondered what exactly she did tell. Did she tell them about how much more our kiss was than just a stupid game? Had she told them about how I had pushed her away?

The thought of not only Harper, but also her parents hating me was overwhelming.

"Mia, you okay?" Iris asked.

I got pulled back to reality. The reality where I was getting some ice cream with Iris, having a good evening and where Harper had already left.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied.

"Have you already decided about the flavors you want?" I asked to get the conversation going.

"I really don't know! I think I'll just join you with the cookies and lemon. I usually don't choose those two together, but I might like it!"

Of course she would like it, because it was an amazing combination. However, I couldn't stop thinking about how that combination was kinda Harper and my thing.

It was our turn and we ordered our ice cream. I wanted to grab my wallet, but Iris stopped me and waved with her credit card.

"It's on me, I was the one asking you out."

What did she mean with asking me out?

"Uhm, thanks," I said politely.

We took our ice cream from the counter and walked to the nearest bench.

"To us!" Iris cheered.

I just smiled.

We sat down on the bench and ate our ice cream in silence. I did not have any clue on what to say or what to do.

Iris looked at me and when she realised I looked back, she quickly removed her gaze.

Something about the way she looked at me made me feel uncomfortable. I couldn't help but think that she and I had two completely different ideas about this 'date'.

That thought got confirmed when Iris moved her head closer to me. Before I could even think about what was going to happen, I felt her lips on mine.

This wasn't like the kiss Harper and I had shared. I didn't long to continue kissing her. It didn't feel like my lips belonged on hers.

Somehow I hadn't pushed her away yet.

Iris fastened the pace and that was the moment I realised what was going on. I gently pushed away and apologised.