"There are so many fruits!" He whispered-yelled, examining the variety of fruit outside the store before stepping inside the homey shop. Baskets filled with apples hung low from the ceiling, while other fruit baskets sat neatly on wooden counters and tables. The vibrant colours of the mouth-watering fruit made your eyes widen. Everything looked so desirable and fresh, causing your stomach to rumble. Link chewed on his bottom lip as he grabbed a tiny basket that was for customer use. "I want everything."

"I doubt you have enough for everything," you said, grabbing a small basket for yourself as well.

"We'll see about that," he snorted, going over to the counters. Without giving much thought he began to throw one fruit after another into his small basket before moving on to another counter.

You giggled and went to the opposite side of the shop. You extended your hand and picked up a banana. After making sure the fruit wasn't too ripe, you set it down on your basket and continued looking around. As you reached to get some wild berries from one of the larger baskets, you heard the soft noise of boots hitting the wooden floor. Raising your head, you noticed an older lady sitting on a high chair behind a small counter.

"Are you the owner of this shop?" You asked while grabbing an exotic fruit from a tiny stand.

"That is correct," she spoke, her voice sounding soft and sweet. The elder propped her hands on the counter and leaned forward as if to get a better look at you. "My name is Colette. Hmm, I haven't seen you around here dearie."

"I'm a traveller," you replied with a gentle smile. "Someone told my friend to come here before leaving." You gestured at Link with your chin, who was now grabbing another small basket to place even more fruit in.

The sweet old lady glanced at the boy and laughed softly. "Young man, do you plan on eating all of that by yourself?" Colette questioned in an amused tone. Her wrinkly lips curled in a tender smile as she kept her green eyes him.

Link, dumbfounded, looked up and sheepishly gazed down at the amount of fruit in the baskets. "I uh, plan on sharing with her," he said, moving his azure eyes to you. A shy grin appeared on his face as he took a few steps toward you and the older lady.

You scoffed and playfully nudged him when he was close enough. "Don't lie. We both know that you'll end up eating all of this on your own," you laughed softly. You then raised your small basket and offered a toothy smile. "That's why I'm getting my share of fruit."

"Shh, she doesn't know that," Link nudged you back, eyeing the old lady with an embarrassed look before glancing at you again. He looked at your small basket and saw that you had different kinds of fruit compared to him. "Ooh, that looks good."

You snickered and grabbed the fruit he was eyeing and placed it in one of his baskets. "Have it," you said, glancing around the small store before looking at him again. "Are you going to get anything else?"

Link hummed as he looked down at the baskets he held in each hand. "I think this is enough for me," he raised his eyes. "I mean, I could get more, but I kinda want to save a few rupees."

"Really?" You laughed. "For what?"

"I don't know. But saving it shows you how responsible I can be with money," he said with a proud smile.

"Mhm, sure," you shook your head with a grin. "You'll probably end up wasting it all in a day or so."

Link blew some of his hair away from his face and pouted his lips. "You're probably right."

You shrugged and patted his cheek with a cheeky smile. "It's alright. You'll learn to save your money sooner or later Linky." You spoke in a cooing manner, which only made Link pout even more and feel like a child.