Chapter 1

It was dark. Pitch dark. Not a single bit of light touched you in your deep sleep, but this didn't bother you. Your muscles and overall body felt relaxed, in a state of peace. But something, no, someone started to speak to you. The voice was distant, and it echoed through your ears, but you didn't pay much mind to it. You were too sleepy to listen, too relaxed to pay attention to what the voice was saying. Five more minutes of sleep, you thought to yourself, allowing your body to simply rest (as if it hadn't been resting enough time).

"(Y/n)..," The hazy woman's voice said, however, there was no response from you.

"(Y/n), wake up," the voice continued. To this, you began to stir gently. Your eyelids were heavy, which made it all more hard to wake up. It took quite a while to open them, but when you did your vision was a bit blurred. There were dim blue lights shining over you, which you were able to see more clearly as your eyesight adjusted. As you slowly began to sit up, the glowing blue water that was around you began to go away until there was nothing.

"The hero, Link, has awoken. You must go to him and fill your role as his partner. That is your purpose. He is near the Shrine of Resurrection. Now go, and help him bring peace to Hyrule," the voice told you before completely disappearing. The voice was very similar to the one that spoke to you all those years ago, but you didn't dwell on the thought for long. You stepped out, your legs feeling rather strange from standing, but you pushed past the numb feeling and saw what looked like a map, draped across a large rock. You rose an eyebrow and went towards it.

The map displayed all of the Great Plateau, which you figured is where you were since there was an 'x' marked on it. You searched for the Shrine the hero would be in and saw that it wasn't that far from your own. You took the map, folding it neatly and kept it in your clutch. As you began your way through the corridor of the cave (with only the dim light of torches guiding you), you saw two chests at the sides. Curiously, you went towards them and knelt down, examining the worn-out wood before opening it. Inside the first chest was a light brown long sleeve and in the next, there was a pair of tights and boots. You figured they were for you so you began changing into them, although it was a bit difficult.

"They look a bit worn out," you mumbled to yourself as you felt the fabric. Nonetheless, you were grateful, being that the only thing you were wearing before was a nightgown of a sort. You continued your way out of the cave and after finding a way to remove the large rocks that were in the entrance you stepped out. You were immediately met with a cool breeze that flew through your hair, which caused a small chill to run down your spine. The suns rays reached you as well, bringing to you a warmth you had never felt before.

It was quite a feeling. Breathing in fresh air after such a long time. Intoxicating. The sensations made a smile spread on your lips. The vibrant green colours that came from the trees and grass were something you had never seen before. You sighed out, closing your eyes as you enjoyed the moment before being tugged back to reality. Your hands fumbled as they opened the map you had and you started your way towards the Shrine of Resurrection.

During your walk, many questions and thoughts slithered their way into your brain. You were well aware that you had been created for the sole purpose of helping the hero, but you didn't even know who he was. The man that you were created for was a stranger to you, yet you felt this responsibility to protect him, to make sure nothing happened during the unknown journey that laid ahead of you. You figured that, during your creation, the goddesses decided to put this responsibility on you to make sure you took care of the hero.

You were so lost in thought that you didn't notice how close you were to the edge of a cliff. You gasped when your foot slipped, causing your body to go forward and roll down the slanted edge. You managed to grab a hold of a patch of grass, keeping yourself from falling over the cliff and down from the Great Plateau. You held your breath as you slowly made your way up, the map now between your teeth.