Chapter 11

"Link be careful!" You shouted from below the tower. The path the two of you had taken just a few days ago didn't exactly lead to Hateno Village, but you both ended up finding the next tower which was a good thing. The only problem was that, due to your wound, you weren't able to climb it with him. Your arm was still in the process of healing, but you hated it. You felt like no help at all. When you came across monsters, you had tried to help but just holding a sword made your arm ache.

"I am being careful!" Link yelled as he climbed more. You chewed on your bottom lip, hoping he didn't hurt himself. Normally you would have more faith, but the fact that some large vines with thorns circled the tower made you uneasy. You mumbled a few things to yourself and went over to a tree.

"Doesn't look like it," you muttered to yourself as you sat on the ground. You rose your eyes, watching as Link effortlessly climbed the tall tower and once he made it onto the platform you sighed out in relief.

You pressed your back against the tree you were under and closed your eyes. The gentle breeze that came to you made you feel at peace. But that lasted barely a few seconds. Zephyr and Epona trotted over to you and started to neigh. You opened one eye as they started to nudge you with their snouts. "What's wrong?" You asked them, sitting up a bit.

Zephyr snorted and nodded her head up. You looked and saw a few apples on the tree. "Ah, you two are hungry," you said as you started to stand. "It's gonna be hard to reach." You hummed in thought and stood on your toes, reaching up with your good arm, but you barely touched them. An idea then popped into your head and you whistled, having Zephyr stand close to you.

"Stay put and don't move an inch, okay girl? I'll try to do this quickly," you spoke to your horse, to which she neighed. You lifted yourself onto her back with difficulty, but Epona helped you by nudging you up with her snout. "Thank you," you said with a smile. You took a deep breath and started to stand on Zephyr's back. Was it dumb to do this when you could easily fall and harm yourself? Perhaps, but you didn't have any fruit to give the horses.

Slowly, you reached up, grabbing the apples one by one. It wasn't so hard to do, but balancing yourself on a horse that swayed side to side was not easy. "Zephyr stay still, please," you insisted, holding your arms out as you tried to regain balance. You sighed and continued picking the apples. When you couldn't hold anymore you dropped them on the ground. "I think that's enough for you two."

You were about to move back down until you heard a clearing throat. You sighed, knowing who it was as you looked up. Link stood a few feet away from you with his hands on his hips. He gave you a disapproving look, to which you simply responded with a toothy smile.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he got closer, frowning slightly. It was safe to say he had gotten very protective of you since your injury, and though you appreciated him looking out for you, you knew it had to be the other way around. But he didn't know that. At least not yet.

"Getting apples for the horses," you replied, carefully trying to sit down on Zephyr's back, but you couldn't.

"Uh-huh, I see that," he said, watching your attempt on getting down. He shook his head and extended his arms out. "Come on, I'll catch you."

You huffed out, not wanting the help but you didn't exactly want to fall off your horse either, who was growing impatient of you standing on her back. You cautiously hopped off Zephyr's back, landing in Link's arms. He held onto your waist firmly, slowly placing you down on the ground with a frown.

"Don't look at me like that," you said.

"(Y/n) you could've fallen off and hurt yourself more," Link stated, keeping his arms around you. He kept a stoic face, but you knew how to make him crack a smile. You mimicked his features, though you added a pout.