"The Exorcism" Chapter IX

Mulai dari awal

Lorraine was in the circle with Ed. Her arms were stretched out and her eyes were closed. She repeated his words in Latin. Ed waited. He wanted it to be over.

-Go on.

Lorraine whispered to him without moving an inch and so he obeyed her.

-Strike terror, Lord, into the beast now laying waste your vineyard. Fill your servants with courage to fight manfully against that reprobate dragon, lest he despise those who put their trust in you, and say with Pharaoh of old: "I know not God, nor will I set Israel free." Let your mighty hand cast him out of your servant, Leah, so he may no longer hold captive this person whom it pleased you to make in your image, and to redeem through your son; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity, Amen.

One of the priests threw a big white sheet over Annabelle and covered both her and the chair.

-show yourself demon!

Ed screamed. The room was quiet, dead quiet without so much as the sound of breathing. Then the chair hovered up and stood still in the air without breaking the silence.

Everyone stopped reading and just stared at it.
The air felt so heavy, it was sickening. Ed threw holy water on the chair again in the sign of a cross and continued the exorcism and the other priests started to read from the bible. It was like a wake up call.

-I command you, unclean spirit, whoever you are, along with all your minions now attacking this servant of God, by the mysteries of the incarnation, passion, resurrection, and ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ, by the descent of the Holy Spirit, by the coming of our Lord for judgement, that you tell me by some sign your name, and the day and hour of your departure. I command you, moreover, to obey me to the letter, I who am a minister of God despite my unworthiness; nor shall you be emboldened to harm in any way this creature of God, or the bystanders, or any of their possessions.

The demon screamed and the chair fell down to the floor and cracked under the pressure of whatever was under the sheet.

Ed dragged it off to reveal the demon. There was no baby or doll, only the demon. Its skin were pitch black and horns, bigger and sharper than a sword. The beast let out a deafening screech and the things around them started falling to the floor.

-Where's Leah?

Mia yelled to the demon from outside the circle. Its sinister head snapped at her direction and it laughed hysterically until Ed splashed it with holy water and it snarled at him. John stopped Mia from crossing the circle. He had to hold her tightly for her not to flee. John whispered calmly into her ear to calm her down which worked successfully.

The demon threw up blood and screamed. Ed threw once again holy water on it. He then collected his cure age and laid his hands on Its head. It tried to bite him but had weakened from the holy water and only shook its cold and dark head. The force from Ed's hand filled the demon and reaction became a strong light. He made to continue.

-They shall lay their hands upon the sick and all will be well with them. May Jesus, Son of Mary, Lord and Savior of the world, through the merits and intercession of His holy apostles Peter and Paul and all His saints, show you favor and mercy and in the name of God, the almighty spirit and the ones in heaven, I now command you, unholy spirit back to Hell! Amen.

An explosion of bright light beamed through the room and the only thing that was left was Leah sitting in the chair with Annabelle. The demon was gone into the doll.

-I allow you to break the circle.

Ed said exhaustedly. The priests subsided to let Mia and John to their daughter. It was over. No one was hurt. Mia cried hysterically, holding Leah tightly in her bosom. Leah was crying too and John calmed them both down.

Ed was lost for a while, looking at them. Lorraine walked up behind him, taking the bible and his crucifix and placing it on the bureau beside her. She turned him around and kissed him.

-I'm so proud of you.

She whispered. They stayed like that for a while, embracing each other. Mia and John thanked the Warrens and offered them money.

-We don't do this for money. We just want to help.

Ed said, his eyes crinkling on the sides as he smiled. All of them looked at the living room floor where some of the priests were still pouring holy water on Annabelle. Lorraine noticed Mia and John's troubled looks when they saw the doll.

-don't worry. Me and Ed will take care of her.

-Why don't we destroy it?

John asked.

-It's stuck in the doll. If we destroy it, the demon is set free. We better keep it so it can do no harm. At least not in our hands.

-Thank you.

Mia said, again.

Mia and John continued their lives with their daughter, Leah. The Warrens continued to help people and Lorraine still does today.