Chapter 33

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 33
|Secret passageways are disgusting|

Leanna Russel

We stand in the hallway and there is truly nothing that much here. It looks exactly the same as the other hallways but he found himself stopping here for some reason. He still holds my hand and I get the feeling that he doesn't want to let go of it and neither do I want to let go of his hand. It makes me feel warm inside and it brings forth this safety feeling that I feel, despite him having threatened me only moments before by holding a gun at my body and was ready to shoot me.

I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it. "In here there is a dark hallway that leads to the library. The floor is muddy and wet. The walls are slimy and everything is covered in cobwebs. Bugs and insects are there. If you scream I'll throw you on the ground!" He harshly says to me as we stand in front of the wall but I don't see how this can be a door or even a hallway other than the one that we stand in. I nod at his words but somehow the things that he says make me want to go back to the room.

He puts his other hand on the wall and gently pushes it. I gasp when the wall opens and something so dark stands in front of me but if I did not know better, I'd say that was a secret passageway. I gape at it but I close my mouth when he begins to drag me into the darkness. I can barely see where we're going so I hold tighter to his hand to let him lead me on. My bare feet dig themselves into the wet mud making me feel disgusting and I think it's a good thing that I can't see it.

I don't dare toughing the walls since everything that he has said has been true and I don't want to touch them because I don't even know where they are or how tight this hallway is and I'm not going to feel for it. "Scared?" He asks me but he already knows the answer and it does amuse him since I am afraid. The heart which is beating fast in my chest says it all what I'm feeling and most of it is fear that is inside me.

Both fear of him and fear of this hallway and things that could be lurking around here. However, even when I'm afraid of him, I feel like I'm safe. It is confusing to me. He doesn't say anything after that and neither do I, I'm not even sure what I can say to him in this hallway. Feeling like there is this thin line between us that I don't really like, that if I do something that I shouldn't then he will do something bad to me and he will hurt me.

I don't know where this line is and I'm afraid to step over it. "We're here" He speaks as he stops suddenly. My eyes are starting to get used to this darkness but there is very little that I can see and I wonder how he can see in this darkness and know where to go but then I remember that he has been here since he was child so he probably knows where to go and has memorized everything about this mansion and its secret passageways that I can't even begin to think about or know where they hide.

He pushes something and then the light is the first thing that is met with me but then I notice that it's the library. I don't know from where we are coming from but it is somewhere and it is in the library. "How is this possible?" I ask him. We don't go into the library since our feet are horribly disgusting and the carpet that is on the floor would get dirty. "You ask the wrong person for that" He answers. It's actually kind of strange that he actually did answer my question, that truly doesn't happen that often.

Normally he just comes up with something to say or something to ask me which I have to answer but this time he was the one that answered, it was not that much of an answer but I think that he doesn't know the true answer to it despite him knowing a lot of this place. "Did you come here with us to be in this mansion again?" I ask him as he closes the door or the wall of the library and we're in the darkness once again. He scoffs and I can already imagine him rolling his eyes.