Chapter 6

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 6
|Therapy doesn't work like that|

Leanna Russel

The rest of the day all I could think about what he said to me and how his face looked like when he said that one word. Something about the way that he spoke it, the way that he looked at me and the way that the word itself scares me more than anything has ever done before. After the last session of the day I sit in my office, not necessarily looking at anything. Only letting my mind wander and swirl in this tornado that has formed inside my skull and it does not seem to be calming down any time soon.

The last couple of days have someone been confusion and I don't make sense of it all yet some things are better left to the mind to think of rather than finding the right answer for we don't need to know everything. The world is filled with mysteries that the humans should leave alone and some things are better when they're mysteries. My phone buzzes on the table which literally breaks me from my mind and I look down to see Adam has texted. Picking up the phone to read the text and then I stand up.

He said that he is parked outside and waiting for me with a smile face and a heart emoji which makes my lips curl up in a soft smile. Even when I was too afraid he is always there to put a smile on my face and make the happiest woman to ever cross the world. Smiling I gather my things and leave my office and then lock the door as I walk down the hallways to the entrance of the prison and I get into his car as soon as I'm out.

"Silas, is there a reason why you are grumpy today?" I ask him the next day in our session. He has been grumpy since the moment that he stepped into my office while I have been giddy and happy and smiling but I'm not going to let his grumpy mood infect my happy one. Last night Adam and I attempted to put together our new chair as we bought a new one and it arrived yesterday and it took forever to put it together and even now we've not been able to get all the pieces in there. Silas only scoffs at me.

Leaving me confused. "Did something happen?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes. I write down on a new piece of paper that he is grumpy for some reason and clearly needs to blow off some steam. I smile when I see the sun shine through the window and it makes me happy to see the sun. "Do you have to smile like that?" He asks me, his voice shocks me as this is the first words that he has spoken since he came in here which was twenty-seven minutes ago. "Like what?" I ask him.

"Like a mentally insane person with every mental disorder to ever exists" He answers. That is a bit offensive, though I don't take it to heart. "I shall not smile like that" I tell him and smile a reassuring smile to him, I like smiling, there is nothing wrong with it. Silas groans. "Your smiling annoys me" He then says. His deep voice always sends shivers down my spine. It is as if my body is hanging on his every word and then shiver when he has finished. "How come it annoys you?" I ask him as I write down that he gets annoyed with a smile and then I add a question mark because I don't know the reason for it.

He doesn't answer me but I was kind of expecting that because he isn't still on the sharing side but I know that he will soon and then he will let everything that is inside out. To feel better and let the heavy weight that pulls you down just go and you will feel free. "If I tell you why then you have to tell me something" He says and a smirk appears on his face, the first other expression that he has made other than pure grumpiness.

Furrowing my eyebrows at him in confusion as I have done so many times before. "Why would I tell you something? I am your therapist, I am here to listen to you talk" I tell him, I'm sure if he knows how therapy really works but that is pretty much it. I listen to what he has to say and help him later on but I'm still on the part where I need to get him to talk, but that will come, I know it will. Silas rolls his eyes.