Chapter 27

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 27
|The new office|

Leanna Russel

By the time that my eyes painfully open up again I'm in a dark room and I realize that it's the bedroom but at night. I turn to look at a clock that I saw before to see that the clock shows only that it's about midnight and my stomach is wanting food as I've not eaten for a long time. I stand up and as I was about to walk to the door I remember what had happened last night and I decide against it. It's best to stay here, where I'm safe and sound and sit back down on the bed.

As I was about to go back to sleep I smell food. It must be my imagination since I'm a bit hungry but then in the darkness my eyes catch sight of food on a small table that is near the bed. Standing up I walk over to the table in the darkness and see that there is truly food there. And by the looks of it, it hasn't been here for that long. I search around the room until I find a light switch and I walk over there and turn on the lights.

It takes a couple of minutes for my eyes to get used to the light and I sit down by the table and take a closer look at the food in front of me. There are three pizza slices on a plate with French fries and there is also a hamburger but it's a small one. Beside the food there is a note that I did not see before because it was so dark in here but I do see it now. Picking it up to see that my name is written on it in Silas' handwriting.

Unfolding the note I begin to read what it says and when I've read it I can't help but smile. He said that he came in here and found me asleep but he did not want to wake me so he left out some food for me. Wait? How did he get in here? I clearly remember that I had locked the door when I had ran in here. I stand up and walk to the door to see. I notice that the door is locked but the key is gone. It takes me a moment to notice that it's locked on the outside.

I gasp as I just stare at the door. Not only was he in the room but he also locked me in here. Why? He did not do that before but he does it now. None of it makes any sense but then I must remember the things that he did to that man and how he just killed him which was so cruel. Sighing I turn to sit back by the table and start on that food before it turns completely cold since it has been here for some time and is cooling down.

Eating in pure silence as I can't even seem to be able to forget Silas' words and the gun shot. Somehow that shot is the only one that is still fresh in my mind even when I've heard so many of them over the last couple of days. A knock on the door breaks me from my thoughts and I jump up as it shatters the silence. Since the door is locked from the outside there is very little that I can do and the door opens and Silas steps inside the room with a smirk on his face.

"I thought you'd be asleep for the rest of the evening" He tells me and I look down at the ground as I'm a bit afraid of looking up at him. Would he hurt me like he hurt that man... like he has hurt so many people? The thought of him hurting me is the worst kind of pain that I've ever felt inside me and thinking about is what is hurting me. He walks over to me and his hand snakes itself under my chin and with his thumb he lifts my head to look up at him and my eyes meet his kohl black ones.

I gulp when I'm staring up at him and he stares down at me with... well, I'm not even sure what that look he's giving me. It's like it's a mixture between feeling something and feeling nothing at all and it's somehow confusing me more than anything yet I feel like my own feelings are getting the best of me. Between the confusion and he unknown feeling that continues to creep up my body like never before. "You've been crying. Why?" He softly asks me. It surprises me of how gentle his voice is when he spoke to me.