Chapter 19

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 19
|Used as leverage|

Leanna Russel

"Silas, what is going on?" I ask as he enters my office but then I notice that he's holding a gun in his hand. I gasp when I see it. I don't think that he should be having a gun. He is a prisoner after all. The thought that he controls the prison comes to mind when I see this. Silas smirks at me as he closes the door to my office behind him. "Sit down, Leanna" He orders me harshly. I gulp when I hear his harsh tone and the shivers are running down my whole body for all the wrong reasons.

I sit down on my brown leather chair as Silas starts to walk around my office. I look at him as he sits down by my computer and opens it. "Your fiancée is not what he seems" He says. My background picture for my computer is a picture of Adam and I. It is on one of our dates that we had, it was the date before we got engaged and we took a picture because we visited an old castle. "What do you mean?" I ask him as I look at him.

Adam is the best fiancé that anyone could ever have. He doesn't answer me but that only leaves me with more questions, at least more than I already had. "Interesting..." He trails off as he's checking something in my computer and I fear to know what it is. He then closes it and opens my drawer and picks up his folder. That is not good. They aren't supposed to see that. He rolls his eyes while reading through it but then again this was never meant to read his folder, it's only for me to remember things that he has told me and how far along he has gotten.

"Defensive?" He asks me as he raises and eyebrow at me. The way that he just stares at me makes me feel uneasy but somehow I feel other emotions that I can't be sure what are. "Yes. Now, can you please leave that alone" I tell him but he lightly shakes his head and darkly chuckles at me. My eyes travel down to the gun in his hand and it's a different gun than I've seen the guards wear. How did he get that gun? Where did he get it?

"Now, now. I am the one in charge. I do not take orders for the good doctor" He says to me as he picks up the folder into his other hand. The door opens and a unfamiliar man enters my office. He is wearing some sort uniform but not a guard open. This man is tall and muscular. Reminds me of Adam but this one is much scarier and when he looks at me I feel his intense scare. I hide behind Silas because I know he will protect me. Silas chuckles as the man walks over to him.

"The car is ready" The man tells Silas and I gulp when I hear his rough voice. It's somehow scary to me. Silas is still standing in front of me and I still hide behind him. I know that I will be safe with Silas. "Good. Leave! The good doctor seems to be frightened. Such a child" Silas tells the man and then chuckles as he turns his head to eye me. He winks at me and it brings the blood rushes to my cheeks as I feel myself blush. It's a good thing that he has turned to the man once again so he would not see it.

The man doesn't say another word as he turns around and then walks out of my office. "Who is that?" I ask when the man has left. Silas turns around to face me with his wicked smirk and somehow I find myself never wanting to look away from his face again, it makes me feel safe without me knowing why. "That is of no concern of yours. Now, the time we had was... horrible but now it is time to never see each other again" He tells me as he winks and walks to the door.

It takes me a second to realize what he had said and that he's leaving. By the time that I stand up from the chair he's already out the door. I go to the door. "Wait... you're leaving?" I ask him as I run after him, confused. I'm pretty sure that he is not supposed to be going anywhere as he has not served his time yet. He doesn't turn around nor does he answer me. I run in front of him. "You can't leave the prison, Silas" I tell him but the look he gives me does frighten me a bit as he raises an eyebrow at me.