❥ Chapter Ten: Lauren Mae Breiner

Start from the beginning

"Jack?" I called. My voice cracked a little but I'm not sure he heard me.

"Baby I'm here." He whispered softly. He held my hand and planted a tender kiss on the back of my hand. I reached out for his face and caressed his cheek. I felt his thumb brushed my face and at the corner of my eyes. Tears came rolling down for a moment. "Are you gonna be okay?" He asked. I nodded slowly until my eyes return to the normal sight.

"Hey." Art walked in slowly and checked me up. I smiled weakly at him as he put down a tray of food on a box in front.

"Hi." I muttered with a strain voice.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I'm. Wait. My baby?!

"Don't move too much." Jack held my arms and even though I want him to let go, I can't. Art helped me lie down but I bit my lip in pain when something hit my waist.

"Roni?"

I held on Jack's hand tightly, squeezing him. It's excruciatingly painful like my insides are being crushed. I want to curl up and cry all day. I can't bare with it.

"Something's not right. Prim?" Jack shouted. "Just breathe." Art whispered to me. I succumb to my sobs and bit my lips until I taste a blood from it.

"Prim!" Jack shouted again. I held my free hand to my stomach, trying not to squeeze it too. I gently traced my bellybutton to the side of my waist just below the ribs. I touched something and when I raised my hand to see, I screamed in horror.

"Roni be still." Art pinned me by holding my shoulders while I saw Jack supported my feet.

"PRIMROSE!" Jack shouted a little louder than the first one. I cried more when I felt it hit again. My insides are slowly exploding, I can feel it. I tried to get away from their grip but my body can't even sit up.

"Oh my god. What's happening?" Prim panicked as she came. I heard her unzip her bag pack and grabbed a stethoscope.

"Get it out!" I screamed in pain.

"What's that?" Jack asked. I looked at my side and saw Prim preparing a syringe.

"I need her to calm down." She answered.

I shook my head. That's an anesthesia! It could kill my baby inside. No. I wriggle out of Art's hold just in time he reached out for the water on the box. I used that opportunity to slap his hands away. I sat up and searched for my wound. I saw another horrifying thing on my waist. I screamed and covered my ears with my hands. What is happening?!

I suddenly felt an ant like bite on my leg. Then I saw the syringe injected on it. My breathing stopped and everyone in the room silently watched the one who injected it.

"I'm sorry, Roni." Matt's blue eyes were the last thing I saw before I was covered in a fog like sight and eventually passed out. Hope the pain disappears when I wake up again.

Various images flashed before me like I was being teleported to another memory. The imaged stopped with Lauren's pretty smile that shows her perfect white teeth. She motioned on the vacant chair right next to mine here at the back for today's class orientation.

"Hi. I'm Lauren." She cheerfully extended her arm to me. I smiled back and shake her flawless hand. One of the prettiest skin I've seen.