❥ Chapter Twenty-Nine: Art and the truth

RONI

"Jack!" I screamed and my eyes opened swiftly

I sat up from the bed and gasped hard, I didn't notice I was panting and had troubled breathing. Beth immediately stopped eating inside the tent. She put the cup down and ran towards me.

"Roni, thank god you're awake!" Beth exclaimed with relief. The two police officers came and they both were surprised too when they see me. I noticed the lamp on the side table, which illuminated the room.

I hurriedly removed the blanket and put my feet on the ground. I glanced at my wristwatch, it's almost eight in the evening. I was asleep for seven damn hours. I immediately panicked. I rose from the folding bed and started pacing inside the makeshift tent.

"Where is everybody?" I asked, even though we are inside the makeshift tent, I can't hear anyone outside nor there is a sign of a lit lamp or bonfire. Beth grimaced before she turned at the two police officers. I raised my brow a little.

"Did Art make sure you two keep a close eye on me?"

Beth held my arm a little and she shook her head at me, completely disagreeing with my bitch face and the tone I used to ask the police officers. But they are under Art's order so I'm sure they were watching me while I was unconscious.

"Actually, Ma'am," The one who Beth whispered to me named William moved closer to us and his companion followed suit behind him "we would like to know if what Beth here told us is true."

I was shock when he said that. I didn't expect someone would actually give time to weigh things if what happened on this mountain is true. I looked at Beth and she smiled a little at me, gesturing for me to talk.

"Yes." I answered after taking a deep breath.

The two didn't move nor said anything afterwards. I was about to explain further when I saw a hint of light when the makeshift tent swayed a little because of the wind. The entrance was unzipped, the light is slightly visible from the inside. I walked to the entrance's direction and carefully held the tent and then lifted it on the other side for me to see what's outside.

The clear sky filled with stars welcomed my sight but I didn't watched it in awe, I was immediately blinded by the huge moonlight shining directly here in the campsite. I watched it in horror and with shaking hands, I gasped and covered my mouth.

"What is it Veronica?" Beth asked behind me. I sensed her getting closer to take a look too. She stood beside me and I heard her gasped too. Beth swallowed hard, still unsure of what is on the sky.

"Is that?" She whispered, fear looming on her voice. I nodded a little without taking off my glance at the ball of red light that illuminates the entire mountain.

"Blood moon." I answered.

"What is a blood moon?" Leo asked behind us, Beth and I turned to looked at them in unison. I raised my brow again as if he just asked a silly question. He cleared his throat.

"I mean can you enlighten us Dr. Heartfillia what is a blood moon?" Note the sarcasm in his tone but I shrugged off. I roll my eyes.

"Blood moon or a total lunar eclipse that happens once in a year and it is also when the Moon travels through the Earth's and blocks all direct sunlight from illuminating the Moon's surface. However, some sunlight , via the Earth's atmosphere, bathing the Moon in a reddish, yellow, or orange glow." I explained to them as if I am inside a lecture hall that talks about the moon and astronomy, so not me.