❥ Chapter Twenty-One: Found Her

JACK

There are guards on the outside of the cave just a few meters from the entrance. Luna might have put them for security, she knew we would rescue Roni. She's smart but not smart enough. I unzipped my bag and hide at the bushes so they won't see me nor hear me, they have a keen of smell and sight even during the night so I washed my shirt awhile ago at the river so I'll come clean. I grabbed one bottle of muriatic acid and carefully dipped some arrow heads on the bottle. It'll melt the arrow if it weren't a special type of steel.

I readied the crossbow and with shaking hands I steadied it. I was panting so hard, nervous and the fear of failing but I closed my eyes and open them again after a few seconds and aimed at the two werewolves' eyes. I shot the arrow quickly one by one and they both made a growl. I blinded them and now that they are busy pulling the arrows on their eyes, I took that chance to run to their direction. I run and carefully jumped away so they won't hit me, so they won't notice I'm here.

I jumped and made a run at the entrance and when I successfully did, I run deeper and hid on one of the pillars of the fortress. I am panting so hard now but I stayed alert. The place is deserted but I can't keep calm. I have to look everywhere to avoid getting caught.

When I finally made sure the coast is clear, I walked slowly and take the path where we all took upon escaping. But a werewolf passes by and thank God there's a vacant room so I hurriedly get inside and locked the door. I took a few steps backwards. I heard its loud footsteps and I help my breath as it stops in front of the door. But then it continued walking a few moments later. I exhaled and turned around to look at the room I'm in.

It is dark but a small lamp was lit at the table beside the small bed. I walked closer to it and it was too late. Someone or something is sitting at the edge of the bed. I can't see him properly but the slight shadow caught on the lamp made it visible. The body's covered in large amount of hair, my eyes widened and I immediately raised my crossbow, ready to shot the arrow.

The figure slowly opened its eyes and stood up. He's massive, unlike the same height of the werewolf guards. He slowly walked near the table and grabbed the kettle and poured it on the cup. He grabbed the chair and pulled it towards my direction. He wants me to sit down but I didn't move.

"Hi Jack. I didn't expect we'll see each other here." He spoke even with his werewolf form. He drank the coffee and gently put the cup back to the table. "You don't have to stay on guard, I'm not going to kill you." He muttered.

I shook my head and continued staring at him with the crossbow ready to be fired at him. He chuckled a little and that made my hair stand. He walked closer to me and I automatically took a step backwards. He walked until I can see him properly this time. He then transformed in front of me, my eyes widened in disbelief.

"S-seven." I whispered. He smiled. "The one and only."

He smirked at me before returning to his bed. He grabbed his shirt and wore it over his head. He zipped his pants before turning to me again.

"Have you seen Roni?" I asked, shaking. I am not convinced he won't devour me. He looked away before nodding his head.

"You can't win this battle Jack." Seven muttered while cleaning his hands with water. "You'll lose."

"I know that but that doesn't mean I won't try." I cut him off. "I will get Roni out of here, no matter what it takes. No matter what you say Seven."

He smiled at me as he grabbed his notebook beside the lamp. He offered it to me and with a puzzled expression I accepted it.

"It is my journal. Everyone in Antigen has one. I'm sure you'll be able to counter the company with that. Consider it as evidence." He explained. My forehead creased.