Chapter 24: The Transformed Ally

Back in another part of the spirit world, Grace was headed toward the mountain base. She had her handy sword with her and hung to it tightly.

She hiked up the mountain and she could hear the laughing of the forest around her.

She tried to ignore it but it kept getting louder.

The trees were whispering!

Grace shouted out into the forest as she held up the white sword, "What are you laughing at? I'm not afraid of you!"

"Heeheeheeheeheeheehee!" The trees giggled.

"What's so funny?" Grace waved her sword around.

Just then a reaper popped out of the forest. Grace's eyes opened wide and she readied her stance. She clenched the sword tightly and faced the reaper.

"Come here my lady." The reaper hissed.

"Never!" Grace shouted, "I'm going to save my brother!"

The reaper laughed, "You have no brother!"

Grace glared at the evil skeleton and lifted up her sword. "What are you saying?"

The skeleton then snickered and then transformed into something somewhat creepy and familiar. The demonic skeleton morphed into a beautiful woman with long blonde hair and a warrior outfit. She had a scar over her right cheek bone and strong shoulder and back muscles.

She appeared to be some magnificent warrior but that wasn't the strange part. The strange part is that Grace actually recognized her.

Grace glared at the strange woman.

"What in the world?" she gasped as she lowered her sword. "I know you."

The woman smiled. "I know you do."

Grace replied, "But I've never met you before. How can I know you?"

The woman smiled, "Because I am you."

"What?" Grace replied, "You're not me. You look nothing like me."

The woman smiled, "But you used to look like me."

"What do you mean?"

The woman replied, "Before you were you, you were me. Don't you remember?"

Grace started to remember parts of her past. She didn't remember ever seeing this woman before in her life but yet she looked so familiar.

Grace then glared at the woman, "No! I don't have time for this! You're playing tricks on me!"