Chapter 21: Caged Animals

Alas, the great Brownspot was gone forever. Rascal headed back to the castle to tell his friend what he had done. The dark demon Shaytan had taken Jack, Knock, Grace and Adam to the castle dungeon. Grimmy then had them locked up. The evil serpent then disappeared back into the sword of darkness. Things were looking down for the crew.

Adam glared at Grimmy from behind bars, "You devil! How can you do this to us? What did we ever do to you?"

Grimmy grinned at the boy, "It's a matter of eliminating the competition my friend and now I've won."

"What do you mean?"

Grimmy chuckled, "Haven't you figured it out yet? This world is filled with imperfections. I'm simply ridding it of its impurities. Either they conform to my rule or they face justice."

Adam shouted, "Why do you get to decide? Make makes your rule best?"

Grimmy smiled, "Because, my God told me."

"Your God?" Grace asked.

Grimmy continued, "Yes, you see my god gave me this power and then I lent it to my dear friend Rascal. Rascal now has the sword and since Shaytan managed to bring you all here, that can only mean one thing."

Jack gasped, "What?"

Grimmy turned around and was about to leave the room. He then glared back at the crew before leaving and replied, "Your hero Brownspot is as good as dead."

"No!" Grace gasped.

Grimmy then left the room and laughed.

The crew couldn't believe it. They had failed as a group and if Brownspot truly was dead, then all hope in Abaddon was lost.

Knock started to cry in his cage. Jack tightened his fists together. Grace had flashes of being Grimmy's slave for the remainder of her life blasting through her mind.

Then there was Adam. He simply sat in his cage and didn't say a word at all.

Jack blurted out, "Well this sucks!"

The crew all stared at him as he hopped around his cage.

"It's no use." Adam sighed, "We've lost."

Jack started shaking his cage as hard as he could. It wouldn't budge. "That blasted creep! If I ever get outta here, I'm gonna..."

"We're not getting out of here Jack." Adam sighed, "Didn't you see how easily that snake took us out? Who are we kidding? We don't stand a chance against that beast!"

Jack then lowered his head and then slowly trotted toward Adam. He put his paw on Adam's shoulder. "Ya alright mate? Keep your heads up. We be getting out of this mess if it be the last thing we do or my name's not Jack"