Chapter 46: Escape

Start from the beginning

Deep breaths. We can do this. I mustered all the energy I could do and wiggled my legs. After a few moments the ropes completely fell off. I pushed myself to stand up, while I carried the chair.

I wobbled a bit as I walked towards the table, but I managed. I used the corner of the table to take off my gag. I would glance at the door every now and then, paranoid she would walk in any moment. The gag came off and I quickly licked my lips. It was absolutely dry and painful.

I started to bite on the ropes on my left arm. Wiggling them as I bit, it definitely loosened, and in a few more moments my left arm was free. I instantly grabbed the knife on the table and used it to cut through the ropes on my right arm. Within seconds I was completely free.

"I did it," I said looking down at my body, I actually freed myself. With the knife in my hands I walked towards the door, it was lock. I slammed my hand on the door and scanned the room.

I walk around the room looking for my bag. It was on a bedside table next to my dead phone. I tried turning it on, but it just showed me the battery icon. I put the bag over my body.

I walk over to the windows and realized it was a sliding window. My eyes squint at the light coming outside. It was bright out. I realized I was in a room that led directly towards the beach. I could get out! As I was sliding the window open I heard the room door being unlocked.

I glanced at the door and I saw Chaeyoung with a surprised look. I quickly ran out of the room dropping the knife in panic, "Min Jee!" I heard her shout as I was already running on the beach.

It seemed to look like I was still on the resort. I kept running and I saw her chasing after me, while holding the knife.

My body was sore all over but I kept running. The sea was to my right and there were bungalows to my left. I didn't know where I was running to, but I knew I needed to get away.

When I looked back I saw Jisung running towards me as well. When did he get here?

"Get back here!" I heard him shout and I knew he was gaining on me.

You took track Min Jee, run! Run, your life depends on it!

Why was there no one in sight? Why was there a fence around the bungalows? I feel like the universe is against me?!

My eyes were filling up with tears. I stumbled on my feet and fell. I ended up getting sand in my mouth. I glanced behind me.

"Crap," with struggle I instantly got up. Jisung was hot on my tail, Chaeyoung trailing behind him. I didn't know where to run. But I kept running forward. I could see the main part of the resort, but it was too far away.

Is this how I'm going to die? I could feel my legs giving out and my breathing was incredible erratic. I don't want to die this way. My sides were starting to hurt.

There are so many things I want to do in my life. Universe, I'm begging you let me live. I want to live! I want to see my family, I want to see my friends, I want ... I want to see Mark!

Gosh, if I make it out of this alive, I'm going back to Mark. No hesitation, I want to go back to Mark. I love Mark. I want to live my life with Mark.

Damn it universe I want to marry Mark! Just please, let me live!

I glance back and Jisung was getting deadly close. Fuck.

"Jen!" I look ahead and saw a tall familiar figure. My eyes well up in tears.

"JOHNNY!" I screamed and he started running towards me. I tried to run faster, but I was at my limit, I couldn't run any faster.