Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

He nodded, and I breathed out a smile.

A little while later, I texted Emma, asking if she knew of any Labrador Retrievers breeders, as I had just looked at the local shelters, and there was only one black puppy that was ready to leave within two weeks time, and he was reserved.

JK was looking at his phone for puppy names, telling me the ones that made him laugh, and then Emma texted me back.

Emma
Oooh please tell me you guys are getting a puppy? You know I love dogs! If you need a puppy sitter let me know. If you tell me what you want etc, and when for, I can email the few people I know and ask around x

Clari
Yep, we want a puppy! I'll hold you to that offer if me and JK ever go on holiday! And yeah, for when we get back after that secret trip JK has booked for us, and honesty I don't know what colour, I would have to see pictures of the puppies x

I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"Come on, let's go to bed" JK muttered, grabbing the rubbish as I nodded and turned off the TV, folding the blanket back on the sofa as I followed JK out fo the room, checking out his bare back, and his tiny waist.

The next afternoon I was outside in the garden with Katie, sunbathing when Emma rang me.

"That was hard work, puppies from these breeders are normally planned a long time in advance as they have a waiting list for clients. But this place has a fantastic reputation, their dogs are all their pets, and live the best life, while only having a few litters in their lives" she said after we greeted one another.

"I love that, sounds like they really care about where their puppies go" I replied.

"They do. They come and do home checks, they are very legit," Emma said and I rose my eyebrows, I was impressed with that, "I had to name drop, I know you hate me doing that, but it was the only way to get you a puppy without waiting literally around a year or more"

"Oh. Now that makes me feel bad" I muttered.

"No, no. This lady is called Leigh, she runs the business along with her husband, she said she had four puppies available a few days after you get back from your trip. It's one of her first time Mom litters, she hasn't released any information on those puppies yet" Emma replied.

"Why hasn't she?" I asked.

"The Mom had a tough delivery, and normally Lab's average around seven puppies with a litter, so they weren't sure why she only had four, so they wanted to keep extra care of these puppies. She also said she has clients like you and Jungkook a couple times a year, so she does keep litters back sometimes, it's not unusual" Emma breathed back.

Katie was glancing over at me, I had already told her about us getting a puppy which of course she was exited for.

"Do you have pictures?" I asked.

"No, I've got something better" I could hear the smile in her voice.

"What?" I asked.

"What time does JK get back home?" She asked.

I glanced at the time on my phone as I bought it away from my ear, "anytime really"

"Do you fancy going to meet what might be your puppy?" She asked.

I grinned, "tell me their address"

Emma laughed.

"They are about 45 minute drive away, I'll pass you her number so you can text her when you are leaving, and it was her idea for you to meet them, she loves seeing peoples first reactions to her puppies" Emma said.