14

Dedicated to:

Sorreltail

Shout outs to:

LittleMissEmo138

Leeleyan

xD_Gingerrr

moodybookfreak

Song of the chapter:

Hallelujah by Kate Voegele

Mute[BoyxBoy]

Chapter 14

"Your...b-boyfriend?", His dad stutters out with nothing but shock and confusion on his face. Caleb looks over at me with a smile and takes my hand in his, squeezing it for what I think is comfort. I squeeze back and sit nervously. 

"Yes. That's what I've been trying to tell you lately. All you keep asking about is if there is a girl, and I'm sorry, but no. There won't be a girl. I like Aiden, a lot." I blush a little and move my hair to cover my eyes a little. 

"Well, this just won't do. You know the deal Caleb. This is arranged and has been since you were little. You have to marry somebody."

"Then I'll marry Aiden." My mouth drops open in shock and I feel it come from my mouth before I can even stop it.

"What?!" Everybody's heads snap toward my direction in utter shock and I cough loudly, trying to clear my throat a little. That hurt, a lot. I let out a deep breath. 

"If you choose that, then okay. You need to get this dealt with and soon." Caleb nods and watches as his father sets down his paper and leaves the table. 

"Y-you spoke." Caleb's grin goes from nothing to huge in almost a second. I nod and give him a look that says 'we need to talk'.

"Um, guys, we'll be back down in a bit. We need to go talk." Caleb excuses us from the table and the guys just nod. I follow him up the stairs slowly, not sure what to think of everything just yet. What the heck was talking about, an arranged marriage? I didn't think they even had those anymore. 

Once we're in his room, he closes the door behind us and we sit down on the bed. I look at him hesitantly and bite my lip. 

"Um, god, where do I even start...well, I guess when I was about 10 or so, my parents had planned an arranged marriage for me because that's what they had when they were my age." I nod and cross my legs under me. 

"I didn't even know about it until a few months ago when my dad sprung it on me all of a sudden and told me that I had a few months to decide who I wanted to marry. I didn't even give it any thought though cause I had ended up finally talking to you and I knew what I wanted. I want you Aiden." I take a deep breath and try to wrap my head around all of this. What if I really could marry Aiden? I could get away my hell hole of a home and away from the devil called my father for good. 

I clear my throat and speak quietly, not quite liking it but it needed to be done. I need to tell Aiden the truth. I need to get it all out in the open. 

"I need you to know what happened to me before you decide on anything." He smiles at the sound of my voice and I can't help but blush a little. 

"I love the sound of your voice. Sorry, go ahead though. I'm here for you no matter what you tell me, okay?" I nod and take his hands in mine, entwining our fingers together before letting the past take me over.