2

"What?!" exclaimed Yamaguchi, appalled. "What do you mean, Aneko-san?!"

"You're living with Aimi, Tadashi," muttered the young woman, glancing at the confused boy. "She's adopting you."

"But how?" asked he, walking closer. "Aren't I too old to get adopted?"

"Do you still believe in that crazy hallucination of your kind?" grimaced Aneko, frowning. "Really, no one cares if you're too young nor too old. They just adopt if they want to."

Yamaguchi gasped quietly, blinking rapidly. He huffed, studying Aneko's behavior. He sat down, still confused.

"I'm truly sorry, Tadashi," murmured the young woman, smiling slightly. She walked towards the freckled boy, offering him a tight hug. "Think of this as an act of help, please?"

"F-Fine, Aneko-san," said the young boy in a small voice, sighing. He stood up, gazing at the woman ever-so-lovingly. "But you still have to remember that I love you."

"Aww, of course, I will, Tadashi," murmured Aneko, smiling. "You make me truly happy, you know that?"

Yamaguchi nodded, grinning shyly. He hugged Aneko once again, closing his eyes shut.

"Be happy, Tadashi. You're now given the opportunity to grasp what you always wished for — to know what a true family is like. Don't throw it to waste, you hear me?" said the young woman, smiling lovingly.

"But you're my family," murmured Yamaguchi.

"Yes, I am, and I will always be. Just think of this is as meeting new friends, hm?"

"Alright," whispered Yamaguchi, grinning. "I'm up for whatever is in my way."

♡ Time Skip ♡

'Actually, I'm not up for this,' thought the freckled boy, huffing. He fiddled with his fingers, obviously nervous, and forced a tight smile.

Right in front of him, was a young man his age. He had blonde hair, had glasses, and had the straight-est face he had ever seen.

"Tsukkishima, you're scaring him," chastised Aimi, a frown present on her face. "Put a smile, at least."

"Why should I?" chided Tsukkishima ever-so-coldly, glaring at the woman behind him.

"Because he's living with us from today on," answered Aimi, putting on a forced smile. "So, stop being a baby and do something nice for once."

Tsukkishima laughed and rolled his eyes, standing up as he continued to glare at the young woman.

"I never asked you to adopt a human-cat," murmured Tsukkishima, huffing silently. He walked away, but not for too long.

"Hey!" yelled Aimi, setting the tray of glasses she was holding down with a clatter. "Don't talk as if you're not one yourself! And I did this for you! Blame your weak social skills, not me!"

Tsukkishima laughed bitterly as he rolled his eyes once again. He continued to walk away, sighing.

"Don't mind him, Tadashi," whispered Aimi, smiling ever-so-lovingly.

Yamaguchi nodded, a small smile forming on his freckled face. He opened his mouth to talk once again, but was interrupted by loud footsteps.

Both Aimi and Yamaguchi turned their heads, appalled to see the bitter boy once again.

"Here to apologize for your actions, I suppose?" asked Aimi, smiling tightly.

"No," said Tsukkishima, ignoring the two in the same room as him. "Just here to eat my strawberry cake."

Aimi laughed, humming. She clicked her tongue, studying Yamaguchi's anxious state.

"You know what," started the young woman, raising her finger. "Isn't it good for the both of you to get to know each other better?"

"Not really," muttered Tsukkishima, licking the fork he used to eat his snack. "And besides, he doesn't seem close to being comfortable with me."

Tsukkishima narrowed his eyes, his gaze never leaving the freckled boy's brown eyes. He smirked, laughing slightly.

"You're cowlick's funny," said he, though he wasn't heard, unfortunately. But this laughter of his faded away ever-so-suddenly as he heard Aimi's next statement.

"Show him around the house, Tsukkishima."