19

"What exactly are we doing, Aimi-san?" asked Yamaguchi, out of breath. He sauntered closer, his hand reaching for the young woman's.

"We're close, Tadashi," answered Aimi, smiling back at the baffled human-cat walking behind her. She looked back, watching Yamaguchi's tail drag behind him. She then cooed, "Aww, you're tired, aren't you?"

Yamaguchi looked up, nodding silently. Truly, he did not have nor grasp the stamina to walk a bit more, for the boy felt as if he was about to stumble upon rather nothing. With his ears held back and his whiskers languished, he sighed, absolutely exhausted.

"Um," called Yamaguchi in a low voice, raising his hand as he tapped Aimi's shoulder. "Are you sure we're not lost?"

"Of course we aren't," murmured Aimi between quick huffs, tilting her head as she paused. She then mumbled a small, "I think."

'It's around here, right?' asked Aimi to herself, gazing upon the place as she squinted her eyes. She hummed, her hand in a clenched fist as she tried her very best to remember and to assure herself. 'Damn Aneko and her aesthetic, why would she pick a place like this - a forest - for my babies' first date?'

Though that statement was half true, it wasn't exactly a fact. Aimi, too, chose the exact same location, rather calling it the best space to have a nice, quiet date.

'Speaking of Aneko, was she able to fetch Kei and convince him to come with her?' thought Aimi, puckering her mouth as she tilted her head. 'I wonder.'

-

"Walk faster, Aimi," murmured Aneko, sighing. She paused for a bit, looking back as she gazed at the blonde human-cat behind her. She watched as he tapped his foot rapidly, obviously impatient. "I beg of you."

"She's going here, too?" asked Tsukishima, tilting his head. "Yamaguchi, also?"

"Mhm," hummed Aneko, nodding as she did so. She then looked forward once again, huffing as she glanced down her watch. "Are they perhaps lost?"

"I suppose so," answered Tsukishima, a small laugh then enclaving the place. He clicked his tongue, then mumbling, "She's obviously the worst at locating places."

The two continued their silent wait, not any one of them talking. Throughout this time, they walked around, gazing at different objects and making small talks with one another - both done to at least make the atmosphere less awkward and dense. Obviously, both Aneko and Tsukishima were the worst at socializing, for they would love to stay by themselves, rather.

Just then, a small yelp was heard from across the area, both individuals looking quite immediately towards the origin of the almost quiet sound.

"That sounded much like Aimi, don't you think?" asked Aneko, facing Tsukishima, who, surprisingly, wore a worried expression.

"Mhm," hummed Tsukishima in agreement, gazing upon Aneko.

Before the two had the chance to walk towards the sound, another yell had enclaved the place once again. "We're here!"

Both Aimi and Yamaguchi, who seemed very much exhausted, emerged upon the trees. Aimi had seemingly red cheeks, and her hair was very much all around the place. Yamaguchi, on the other hand, had both his tail and whiskers down, his ears held back. Obviously, they were out of breath, given how deep and heavy they gasped for air and how much they looked disheveled.

"You could have just called me, you know?" addressed Aneko, both her brows up. "It could have made the both of you less beat and drained. Which way did you go into, anyway?"

"I don't remember," answered Aimi, laughing sheepishly. "But, at least, we were able to come, right?"

"Hm," hummed Tsukishima, chuckling. He then looked upon Yamaguchi, who looked extremely tired. He sighed, walking closer to the other human-cat. He then asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, just a bit tired," murmured Yamaguchi, looking up ever-so-lovingly. He smiled, his hand rising up as he patted Tsukishima's hair. Tsukishima smiled, nodding as he gazed upon the boy.

"Ahem," coughed Aneko, a small grin present on her face. She looked back at Aimi, nodding her head as she beckoned the other woman to follow her. "Let's go?"

Aimi then nodded, grabbing each of the boys' hands as she dragged both of them away. Aneko walked behind them, cackling to herself.

Finally, they had arrived upon their destination - a quiet area within the forest. Among the trees that surrounded the place were a picnic mat and the basket on top of the cloth. Yamaguchi unconsciously walked forward, amazed and excited.

"Well then," called Aneko, smiling. She glanced at Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, waving her goodbye as she pulled Aimi with her. "We'll be going now."

"What?" murmured Yamaguchi, tilting his head, confused. "Where are you both going, Aneko-san?"

"Well," started Aimi, giggling as a small sly smile appeared on her face. She glanced at Tsukishima, who had an almost confused expression, then giving the human-cat an oblivious wink. "We wouldn't want to interrupt your date now, would we?"

♡ Author's Note: Happy new year 💖 ♡