End

"Wake up, Yams," murmured Tsukishima, groaning. He had just woken up, the quiescent buzzes of his alarm causing him to do so. He had sat up, rubbing his eyes as he reached for his pair of glasses he thought were on the table. To his surprise, they were not. Looking around, he squinted his eyes as he looked for the object. To no avail, he had given up, sighing in weariness as he lied back down. He gazed upon the brown-eyed boy lying beside him, his small snores enclaving the quiet room. He smiled, moving his body facing towards the freckled human-cat.

He crawled closer towards Yamaguchi silently, careful not to wake him up from his deep slumber: he deserves it, after all - given how the other night was - well, full of festivities. Reaching towards his lover's head, he rubbed his hand through the soft hair, grinning as he did so. A few moments later, he had sat back up to kiss the freckled boy's forehead ever-so-lovingly.

Realizing what he had done, he lied back down, this time facing the opposite direction. He sighed sheepishly, resting his hand on top of his chest as he listened to the swift beats of his heart. His tail was curled up, careful to not touch the other human-cat sleeping. Both his ears and whiskers were perked up, his mouth dry.

"Sh*t," breathed Tsukishima, placing both his hands on top of his eyes as he rubbed them. "That was gross."

"What's gross?" asked a silent voice from behind, further startling the blonde boy. "Is something wrong?"

Tsukishima looked back, gazing upon Yamaguchi, who had an exhausted expression on. He sighed, sitting up as he, once again, looked for his glasses. After several seconds, he had finally found it. The human-cat then cleared his throat, looking down as he tried his very best to avoid Yamaguchi's piercing stare.

"Nothing," answered he, gazing everywhere except towards Yamaguchi's direction. Collecting himself, he pretended to grab his phone on top of the nightstand beside him, desperately trying to hide the small blush that had covered his cheeks. "By the way, how do you feel?"

"Hm," hummed Yamaguchi, yawning as he rubbed his eyes. He gazed back at Tsukishima, crawling towards him as he hugged the taller male. "Good, though my lower back hurts so much."

Tsukishima looked back, gazing down as he stared at Yamaguchi. He pulled the brown-eyed boy's arms off him, baring his arms open as he himself gave the freckled human-cat a comforting hug instead. He raised his hand, resting it on top of Yamaguchi's lower back as he gave him a soft massage.

"Let's stay like this until you feel better, alright?" cooed Tsukishima, continuing to massage Yamaguchi's back. "Go back to sleep if you want."

"Hm," hummed Yamaguchi, exhausted. He continued to lay on Tsukishima's shoulder, feeling much better. "Thanks, Tsukki."

After several minutes, a small knock enclaved the room, causing both boys to gaze back at the door quite immediately. Tsukishima sighed, murmuring a small "come in".

As the door was pushed open, a young woman's head had peeked over the entrance, a small smile present on her face. She wiggled her brows, grinning slyly.

"Oooo," cooed Aimi, laughing. She gazed at Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, squinting her eyes as if she knew what had happened previously. "What do we have in here?"

"I'll prepare breakfast soon, alright?" muttered Tsukishima, a cold expression visible on his face. "I'll get it done soon right after Yams feels better."

"Breakfast? I've prepared it," chimed Aimi, shrugging her shoulders as she snickered. She stared at the snuggled human-cats, wiggling her brows. "I was well aware that the both of you would sleep in, given how you two were quite noisy last night."

With the young woman's statement, Yamaguchi sprawled up ever-so-quickly, fixing his hair as he cleared his throat. Acting confused and laughing dryly, he asked, "What do you mean, Aimi-san?"

"Aww, don't you act innocent in front of me," cooed Aimi, tilting her head, a sly smirk present on her face. "I heard everything last night, hm?"

Tsukishima rolled his eyes, a done expression visible on the lad's face. He huffed, beaming, "At least we have the experience."

"Excuse me?!" exclaimed Aimi, both appalled and shocked. "Young man, did you forget I'm at least three years older than you?"

"I didn't forget, old lady," answered Tsukishima, cackling. He tilted his head, murmuring, "How could I forget my grandmother's age?"

Aimi scowled, shaking her head as she stuck her tongue out. She scrunched her nose, rolling her eyes. After a few seconds of just her expressing her annoyance for the blonde boy, she clicked her tongue and proceeded to say, "Right, the both of you, dress up. We're going to Aneko's today."

With the sound of Aneko's name, Yamaguchi laughed, jumping up as he rushed over to his room to prepare himself. Both Aimi and Tsukishima snickered, chuckling at the freckled boy's enthusiasm.

"Well?" started Aimi, looking back at Tsukishima, who was still on his bed. She then teasingly muttered, "Get ready, for you have to prepare yourself in case Aneko rejects you as Yamaguchi's partner."

With that, Aimi left the blonde human-cat's room, shutting the door closed as she did so. Tsukishima, on the other hand, took the young woman's last statement deep in his heart, an emotion of anxiety developing as several seconds went by. Exactly, what if Aneko rejects him as Yamaguchi's partner?

Lost in thought, Tsukishima didn't even hear the door open once again and didn't notice as a green-haired human-cat lied beside him.

"What's wrong?" questioned Yamaguchi, tilting his head, curious. "Why the serious face?"

"Nothing, really," answered Tsukishima, sitting up as he sighed ever-so-deeply. "It's just that - what if Aneko-san wouldn't accept me as - you know, your boyfriend?"

"And why exactly wouldn't she?" asked Yamaguchi, confused. "She likes you, you know? Believe it or not, she actually expressed how much she wants you and me to be together. Besides, if she doesn't want you to be with me, I would still be with you, hm?"

Tsukishima nodded solemnly, not persuaded. Yamaguchi noticed this, and as comfort, he crawled closer towards Tsukishima and whispered,

"I love you, always, hm? So, get up, and prepare yourself, I'll be with you."

♡ End ♡