Part 1 - Prologue: The end is a new beginning

No one.

Except for the foul smell of death.

'No signs of life, NO NO NO NO!'

'Heartbeat?'

Nothing.

The pink haired girl clung tightly onto her obnoxious teammate's body, cold body that laid sprawled out on the rubbles and chunks of earth that had been lifted. Her once emerald eyes that shined now has been filled with sorrow, choking from her sobs, drops of tears streamed down her face dripping onto the blonde's pale face.

His eyes that reflected death had a hint of grey mixed with the usual sky blue. His signature orange and black jacket now shredded, wet with the blood that came from a giant gash on his stomach. The crimson liquid seeped through the cracks of the rock surface and gathered into a massive puddle.

The kunoichi's face was scrunched up in pain, her bloodied hands carefully shut his eyelids closed. She had no more chakra left, not to even heal the hole on her own chest. She smiled bitterly at herself, before shakily standing up and making her way towards the boy that lied next to her ramen loving friend.

The last Uchiha's chest was heaving up and down slowly, his chest had been impaled by one of the Juubi's tentacles. His limbs, now only one arm left was bleeding out in a speed that the Uchiha himself would be proud of. His onyx eyes opened at the sound of the girl's sobs.

The girl that he loved so much.

But never got a chance to tell her, his pride wasn't letting him to speak his feelings, so he hurt her and pushed her away because of his cowardliness.

He thought hurting her would let him forget about her beautiful smile, but instead she stayed on his mind wherever he went. He thought killing her would end the image of her smile haunting him. He thought pushing her away and distance himself away from his friends would help him achieve his goal of killing his brother. Only then he would allow himself to be happy.

But then he finally realised.

That Haruno Sakura was his happiness.

He grimaced at all the times he rejected her dates, her affection, her tears that had always been shed because of him, all those times he tried to kill her, the time he left her on that cold bench outside the village,

and all the times she confessed her love to him.

"I... I love you with all my heart!"

"So please, stay with me... or take me with you if you can't stay here..."

'Ah' Sasuke thought to himself, 'This must have been God's doing.' He stared at Sakura's face, despite all the blood, dirt and sweat, her messy pastel pink hair with red tints of blood, red puffy eyes from crying, she still looked like a Goddess.

'She must hate me now for all the things I did to her, Naruto and Konoha.'

'But I guess that I deserved it.'

He watched her as she raised her hand. He closed his eyes and waited for the impact to come.

But it didn't.

His eyes widened when her arm made in contact with the back of his neck. She moved his upper body towards her and gently cradled his head on her lap. Her soft hands continued to stroke through his raven locks.

"Sasuke-kun. Don't leave me alone ok? Don't die! I'll do something about it!"

"I love you. So, don't you dare leave me!"

Sasuke felt a sting in his eyes and for the first time after when he found out about the truth of his brother.

He cried.

He felt his system failing at a great speed, he doesn't feel much pain but more tired instead.

"S-Sakura." managed to choke out. Blood spilled from his mouth.

Sakura stared at him wide eyes, his onyx eyes had never showed so much emotions before, but now filled with pain, guilt, regret, sadness, and love.

She loved him not because of his looks, but because his true self. A lonely boy that craved the love and acknowledgement from his father, the boy who admired and loved his brother deeply, the boy whose love in his heart were replaced with hate, revenge and the thirst for power. 

Naruto and she had always hoped for that one day, he would return to Team 7, and they would make new, happy memories together.

Fate is such a cruel thing.

War. 

She endured watching her best friend Ino die, protecting the stiff dead body of Sai. She managed to flash a weak smile at her before falling down onto her dead love's corpse. Hinata protected Naruto with her body during one of Juubi's attacks, she confessed for the last time to the Uzumaki before going limp, then due to her death the Kyuubi went wild and went on a killing rampage. 

Others, Tenten, Choji and Shino were caught up in one of the Tailed Beast Bombs, the bodies were nowhere to be found. For those who survived the attacks from Uchiha Madara and Uchiha Obito, they died when the tentacles of the Juubi crashed down onto them. 

Team 7, after fighting Otsutsuki Kaguya were slowly dying one by one. Kakashi shielded Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto from Kaguya's All-killing Ash Bones technique and died the same way Obito did. When the trio finally sealed the Rabbit Goddess, the war was finally over. But the price paid was big.

Almost no one survived.

Sakura barely stayed alive because of her Byakugou Seal. She tried to heal those who still had a chance of living, but she was slowly dying of chakra exhaustion and because of her fatal wounds.

But right now, she is with her love of her life. And with him looking at her with such tenderness.

"S-Sakura." Sasuke spoke. The blood from the corner of his mouth continued flowing.

Sakura felt tears gather at side of her eyes again.

"I love you. I've always had." With that, he breathed his last.

Sakura's eyes widened at his words, the tears burst forth like water from dam. Her eyes frantically searched for a sign of life in him. Her breath hitched when she felt no pulse. She screamed in agony, hands gripping her hair. Sakura tightly hugged Sasuke's body to her, letting his blood slowly soak into her shirt, clutching his head between her arms. Dark grey clouds started to gather above them, the summer rain drowning out the grief-stricken cry of the kunoichi.

Here's the prologue of my first proper story! Pls comment if you liked it. OwO

Peace out readerz! ;)