Chapter 4: Boredom

The following days were extremely uneventful. No one really came in, unless it was to use the bathroom. I groaned as I stared at the clock on the wall as it ticked the day away.

*tick tick tick tick tick*

I sighed as I lifted my head from its resting place on my hand. I face planted it into the desk causing the glass bowl and lid that held candy and peppermints to rattle.

"My, I was unaware that boredom had a sound till today! Hahaha!"

I yelped and fell onto the floor in fright. I didn't realize I wasn't alone. By then I recognized the crackly radio toned voice well enough and to whom it belonged.

"Geez Al, how many times do I have to tell you to stop sneaking up on me and teleporting behind me. One of these days it might actually give me a heart attack...." I grumbled rubbing my head. Alastor laughed.

"Noted. However I do believe that being frightened is far more fun than being in a state of boredom." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Not so much when you're always the one being frightened for someone else's entertainment. Even if this is an absolute ghost town." I retorted. He chuckled smiling down at me.

"Well then, what would you prefer as a cure for your boredom my dear?" He asked staring at me intently. I stood my chair upright and sat back down to think for a minute.

"Hmm.......well, play games, watch movies, go on adventures....but that's not as much fun with just two people." I shrugged. Alastor's grin widened again. Seconds later, a glitchy glow came from the lobby just past the desk. As it faded, everyone else in the hotel appeared.

"Ay! I was just about to put a top coat on my nails!" Angel whined.

"Afternoon everyone, I thought I'd volunteer all of you for a game of (Y/N)'s choice!" Alastor announced. I smiled. Charlie looked immediately intrigued.

"Ooooh this is exciting! What kind of game (Y/N)?" She asked.

"Ummm....how about duck duck goose?" I said.

"Count me out.." Husker said. Alastor's head snapped in his direction.

"O-On second thought, I'm in." He said a bit nervously.

"It's kinda kiddish though (Y/N) I-" Angel started but looked up and made eye contact with my begging puppy dog eyes. His lip quivered a little before he sighed.

"Dammit I cant say no to you doll. Alright, I'll play." Angel stated.

"Me too me too!" Niffty agreed hopping up and down. Vaggie nodded and sat with Charlie who was already on the ground bouncing excitedly in her seat. Alastor chuckled.

"Haha, I must admit I haven't played this game since I was a child." He said taking a seat next to me. Everyone else sat down forming a circle. Angel was the last to sit so he was it first.
He started walking around behind us patting our heads as he passed.

"Duck. Duck. Duck. Duck. Chicken-.." he said chuckling as he tapped my head. I laughed hitting his leg.

"Takes one to know one!" I exclaimed. Angel laughed as he kept going.

"Duck. Duck. Duck....GOOSE!!" He yelled as he tapped Huskers head. Husker got up and shuffled his feet heavily and slowly around the circle as Angel ran to his open spot. Alastor narrowed his eyes as Husker. A second later a shadow appeared behind Husker and a yelp escaped from the cat demon as the shadow snickered. Husker booked it around the circle running away from it but still didn't catch Angel. I stifled a laugh as Husker glared at me.

"What're you laughing at kid?"

"Pfff...nothing." I said biting my lips together. He grumbled before he started to walk around the circle.

"Duck...Duck...Duck...GOOSE, BITCH!" He yelled as he tapped my head hard. I got up and chased him almost catching him. Right before he got to the open spot I tagged him on his right wing.

"Haha gotcha!!" I laughed as he smiled a little rolling his eyes. He gladly sat in the middle, and I looked around the circle at who was left.

"Hmm....Duck..." I tapped over Angels head.

".....Duck.." I tapped Niffty.

"...Duck...Duck..." I tapped Charlie and Vaggie.

"GOOSE!!!!" I yell pushing alastor's head as I sprint around the circle. Right before I made it to the spot, I rammed right into a familiar chest and fell to the floor.

"Ow!" I said between laughs sitting up. I felt Alastor lift me up and tap me as he laughed.

"Hahaha! Tag." He said smiling at me slyly.

"Cheater, you teleported." Alastor wagged his finger and tsked.

"Afraid not, dear. You never said teleporting or using voodoo was against the rules." He pointed out.

"That is true." Charlie agreed, the others nodded. I rolled my eyes.

"Shoulda known you'd play dirty Al!" I flicked him on the arm and sat in the middle next to husk as Alastor watched me.

"Yes indeedy!" He smiled still staring at me for a minute before he snapped out of it and went back to playing the game. Wonder what that was about....