Chapter 1: Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel

Most people contemplate death. People will think about how they'll die, when they might die, what to do with their lives until they die. What most people don't plan for, however, is what they'll do after they die. I certainly didn't.

   I didn't remember much of when I first arrived in hell. The earliest memory I have after my death was when I was living on the streets, trying to figure out where I was, why I was there and what was going on. Not many people care to help in the land of the living, but in hell, not a single soul would help. It took about a month but once I finally got my bearings on everything in this new reality, I took a newspaper out from the dumpster I slept against each night. I looked at the job listings and skimmed through them till one suddenly caught my eye.

      It was a want ad for employees at a place called the Hazbin Hotel. I quickly read through it to find the location and then headed down the streets of town, around a few blocks and then suddenly I saw the sign in the distance. I made my way to the front door, took a deep breath and knocked.

     Not long after, I heard the door knob click and turn, and the door opened to reveal a pretty blonde girl about my age, wearing a red blazer, black bow tie and black pants. Not even ten seconds after her opening the door, she was already radiating positive and exciting energy...kinda like an innocent child.

    "Hi, um....I'm here to apply for the job listed here in the paper?" I said holding up the want ad in the paper. The girl smiled and practically leaped at me.

    "Oh my gosh, finally!! I was starting to think no one would apply! I'm Charlie, nice to meet you! Come on in!" She said before grabbing my arm and yanking me inside, closing the door behind us.

    "I can't wait to have you get started I-....Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot to ask!," she knocks herself lightly on the head before she turns to me again, "What's your name?"

    "My name is (Y/N)," I said with a friendly smile. Charlie grinned softly.

   "That's a nice name, I like it! Nice to meet you (Y/N). I don't think I've seen you around before....are you new?" She asked. I nodded.

   "Yep, I think I've been here for a couple weeks now. I've started getting the gist of most things around here. You were promoting this place on tv right? I think I saw you on the news not too long ago." I realized I recognized her from my first day here when I wandered around the block and caught a bit of the news on a tv in the window of one of the shops. Charlie chuckled nervously.

   "Heheh....oh yeah that....that was not really one of my better moments. No one has really come in yet, especially after that incident. So it's a bit of a miracle that you came in for the job today!" She explained. I smiled.

   "Well then, I'm glad to be here! So.....does that mean I-?" Charlie nodded.

   "Yep, no need for an interview or anything like that since there's no one else applying and we are in desperate need of some help. You're hired!...So, ready to meet the rest of the hotel staff?" She asked. I nodded.

    "Cool beans!...Hey Vaggie!" Charlie called out. Momentarily a girl with extremely long white hair, a pinkish bow, and mismatched socks walked in.

    "Yeah? Oh, um...who's this?" She asked as she approached.

    "Vaggie, this is (Y/N), our newest member of the hotel staff! (Y/N), this is Vaggie, she helps me run the hotel," Charlie introduced us.

   "Hi, nice to meet you, Vaggie." I said holding out my hand for a hand shake.

   "Nice to meet you, (Y/N), so glad you're here. Sorry we are pretty short staffed at the moment but I'm sure you'll do fine." Vaggie replied shaking my hand firmly. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by a loud noise.