Chapter Three - Dead Man Stalking

Unedited

The washing machine rocked as the dirty clothes spun around in a cycle. Cameron tapped her fingers in a random rhythm as she waited for the machine to finish cleaning the clothes. 

It was early in the morning, only 8 o'clock. Too early for the late risers and too late for the early risers. This left a quiet hour between seven and nine which she used to clean any dirty clothes, rags and cloths from the day before. Specifically, her apron which she forgot to put into the washing machine.

Cameron watched as the purple piece of clothing spun, standing out against the grey and white mix. 

She sighed in boredom. This was one of the times in the day she hated. It was just so quiet and boring-

"Cami."

Cameron turned her head to face Ashley, who was peeking around the half opened door that led to the front. 

"Yeah?"

"Someone's asking for you out front." Ashley grinned mischievously.

Cameron squinted at her work friend with suspicion.  "Do they have a gun?"

Ashley bounced into the room, her chocolate curls free to bounce on her shoulders, the door shutting softly behind her. "Nope, but he sure looks fine." A dreamy look came onto her face, sighing happily.

Cameron sighed in annoyance. Please don't be who she thought it was. 

"Dark hair, green eyes, rose tattoo, looks like the boss of a mafia?" Cameron described, counting each characteristic on the fingers on her right hand as she went back to watching the washing machine.

"Yep," Ashley replied cheerfully, jumping gently, her heels clicking against the tiles floor of the kitchen.

"Give me a minute." Cameron waved the bouncing woman off with her hands, sneakily moving towards the back door. "I need to go hide."

"Damn." Ashley swiftly grabbed onto her arm, stopping her from escaping. "You ain't hiding from that ass, come on."

Cameron frowned at Ashley, her pumps squeaking against the tiled floor as she was dragged by her chocolate haired friend. "You looked at his ass? Really?"

"What? Can't a girl look?" Ashley exclaimed with fake offense. 

Cameron rolled her eyes at her friends theatrics. She was used to it. After over two years of working together, dealing with Ashley had become the normal that was her life.

"Here she is!" Ashley declared as she burst through the doors, dragging a struggling Cameron behind her.

The bang of the metal doors announced their arrival and catching the attention of a few customers nearby. Cameron glared at her friend as she was shoved in front of a familiar tall, dark haired, green eyed man. His clothes were different but similar to the night before. 

He was smirking, obviously amused with her annoyance.

"You look happy to see me." 

Cameron's glare hardened. She glanced at Ashley, who waved gleefully with a cheeky smile as she wandered off to clean a table.

"I'm not." Cameron ground out, irked with the stranger in front of her. She didn't even know his name.

"Damn sis, and I thought Diego was mean."

Cameron peeked behind the man, only to come face-to-face with a second stranger. He was smaller than the first but still had a few inches on her. His ebony hair was shaggy and out of control, covering his right eye slightly. His eyes were the same pickled-colour the first man had, but they weren't as hard, with a hint of mischief. He was lean with some muscle, hidden under the simple grey washed-out jeans, blood red top and black waterproof jacket. A grin covered his face, showing his glee to the world. A silver chain could be seen on his neck, holding a bunch of silver tags.