Volume 3: Chapter 4

Banquet of The Dead

Part 1

"...where is this place?"
Seeing reality skewed from what it should be, Fuyuki raised a puzzled voice.
In front of her was spread an empty and white space. The perspective deviation came from that one colour that was spread in every direction.
That's weird. Did I mistype the coordinates?
She properly set the login coordinates according to the ones she has been given in a mail from Haya. The electronic barrier was released according to the plan, she should have penetrated the server room. However, no matter how she looked at it, it was a different location from the one she wanted to enter.
She couldn't think of anything else other than mistyping coordinates.
I was too happy and became careless.
Normally Fuyuki would never made such a mistake. But because she was spending her sweet time earlier her head was all mushy and simmering. It must have been because of the afterglow after that.
She tried to get herself into shape by slapping her both cheeks. Even if it was a request from someone she didn't like, once she accepts it she would finish it properly. Her pride is on the line when it came to completing it——despite that, the smile on her face wouldn't disappear.
...after we go back let's do it again. Until then I need bear it.
She reminded herself to stay in focus.
What would that female fox say were she to fail. After imagining that scene her thinking gradually changed.
In any case, she needs to enter the server room first. She needed to log out and check it once again——the moment she tried starting the logout process a red crystal stuck into the window and forcibly stopped the process.
"How cold. Even though I went through so much trouble to invite you, you're going back already?"
Hearing a voice sound from behind at the same time, Fuyuki turned around to look towards the source.
"Well, I won't let you go."
How long has it been there. Five metres away from her stood a virtual body clad in a white robe. She couldn't forget it, the cursed enemy who used Shio before.
"...why are you here 《Angel》."
"Didn't I tell you just now? I invited you here."
Invited——she repeated that word thinking about the meaning. It was obvious that this wasn't the server room. And if the coordinates she typed in were correct, there was one possibility to consider.
"...you've hacked the Arclight and rewritten the coordinates Little Sister entered haven't you."
"Correct. It's a great help that you understood it this fast."
What's up with the 'correct'. That's crazy.
She started swearing in her mind.
Hacking an Arclight. Rather than whether it was possible or impossible, the difficulty level was immeasurably high. It was on a level that would make it hard even for Fuyuki. Furthermore, judging by the fact she was unable to log out, there must have been a barrier spread around the space.
But no matter how much she thought, she couldn't find the reason for what was happening.
"What's your purpose. You haven't come here to chat, have you?"
"Chatting huh. That might have been nice."
Angel's easy going attitude was undisturbed. And since it didn't show any gestures at all, it made it seem like it really didn't come just to talk. That appearance further deepened her suspicions.
There was no way it had no purpose. To rewrite the coordinates the moment Fuyuki was about to dive would be impossible unless it was watching her movements. For it to go that far to confine her, there had to be a reason——
...locked... in?
It was different from that. Completely different.
It was not that it didn't have a purpose, it has achieved it already. Trapping Tenryo Fuyuki in this space, that was 《Angel》's purpose. In other words——to stall her!
"...!!"
"I won't let you."
Something was happening on the other side. Brother was in danger——she immediately determined herself and attempted to break through the barrier but the window was destroyed by a red crystal thrown by Angel.
"It would be troublesome were you to get out. Sorry, but I'll have you play with me in this 《Prison》 I prepared."
"...you're not the 《Angel》 himself are you. You're an autonomously operating program right?"
"Hee. You've already seen through it... you are dangerous after all."
Fuyuki managed to see through the identity of Angel who was in front of her.
A program planted with the routine thinking of its author, a program acting according to its author's personality. It must've been prepared in order to stall Fuyuki. It looked like 《Angel》 was preparing something really dangerous.
"I'll say it only once. If you don't want to be scrapped disappear at once."
"That's something I can't agree with. If you want to go to where Tenryo Taiga is——try eliminating me with all your strength first!"
Fuyuki and 《Angel》 opened windows at the same time, blue and red crystals clashed.