Volume 1: Chapter 4

A Vow to Uphold

Part 1

It was the time when sunset began to dye the sky in its colours.
The siblings headed in a taxi through the New City towards the western business district. After getting off in front of a white building they hurried inside.
"You came, it's here."
Wary of Fuyuki, Haya who guided them was in student council president mode. Even though Fuyuki heard her real tone of voice in 《Aries》, she was still cautious.
The only, and a very large hospital in New City, Kiritou general hospital. The private room they arrived at was in a special ward, they entered .
"Ah, yahoo—, you two are here〜"

Rui had a raised upper body. It didn't feel like she was in a state where she was barely conscious an hour ago, Taiga stroked his chest in relief.
"Looks like you're alive and well. I wondered what happened when we were suddenly called to the hospital."
"Yahaha, sorry for worrying you."
"If you're alright, then that's fine."
For the time being, they were happy that Rui was safe.
When he looked around again, he noticed the hospital room was quite broad. The furniture and a pure white wall had a considerable sense of quality to them.
"It's a private VIP room. To prepare such a thing in one hour, as expected from a daughter of Kiritou."
"Fufufu, I'm acquainted with the director of this place. so I had it specially prepared."
Her tone changed to a polite one (Taiga didn't remember her cold tone anymore) as she stood a small distance away from the three of them.
Taiga wanted to learn what's happening as soon as possible, but he hesitated to ask in front of Rui.
So while Fuyuki was talking with her, he walked up to Haya and asked in a low voice.
"...is Rui really alright?"
"There's no need to worry for the time being. But the problems are going to start now."
"...got it."
Being said that it's alright only for the time being, part of his anxiety was revived.
"You said you prepared this room. But you're not acquainted with Rui are you?"
"I knew her name because she's a promising freshman, but that's all. ...so, right. She's staying at your house today, Taiga. Her parents sent you their best regards and leave her to you."
Although Haya answered indifferently, there was a glimpse of fatigue she couldn't hide on her face, it was probably mental fatigue——. If it was Iora who had undergone a sudden change, he could only sympathize with her.
"Are you alright?"
"Don't worry about me, worry about her."
Haya clasped both her hands soundly as she said that, and drew the line of sight of Rui and Fuyuki. She instantly pasted a perfect smile on her face.
"Let's go down the main issue. The state Saionji is in now, and the girl you three met, I'll explain all of it."
"First of all, Saionji's state. It's pretty poor to be honest."
Haya sat down on the chair and looked straight at Rui. Rui probably guessed it, and somehow accepted the declaration.
"...what do you mean by 'poor'? It looks pretty normal."
"Absolutely not. Saionji-san is in a state where her foot barely works right?"
"...Rucchan, is that true?"
Fuyuki didn't expect these words and stared at her.
Taiga as well thought that it couldn't be, and grimly stared at Rui.
"Uu... Kaichou-san. I told you not to tell them..."
"Recognition of the current situation is important. Besides that, the abnormalities are not only on the surface. Saionji-san, how much memory do you have left?"