Volume 2: Chapter 4

Karasuba Fuyuki and Karasuba Shio

Part 1

——Tracing back to around noon.
"Yahaha... seems like we bought a little too much."
"Where do you see 'little'! I'm clearly over-weight here!'
Around the time Taiga and Shio entered 《Babel》, Fuyuki and Rui returned to 《Paradise》 to eat lunch.
"Little sister is super tired. Don't want to move no more."
"Well that's because we've walked around quite a lot〜, though Rui-san could still continue."
"Hmph, that's because little sister doesn't have any stamina."
They shopped in a store that didn't have any customers despite the fact it was a holiday (to be exact 80% of their shopping was done by Rui), they bought things like clothes and bags.
Seeing the amount of things she bought, Master—Saionji Jyugo scowled.
"Rui. It's good that you aren't obsessed about saving money, but I won't forgive being wasteful."
"Uu...umm that's... you know? When I was picking clothes for Fuyuki, I found a lot of things I wanted to buy, see? That's why, umm, overlook it? Dad♪."
"No way. I'm cutting your pocket money for next month."
"Seriously?!"
It was too much of a shock to her, Rui fell down and lying her head on the counter seat, she placed a hand on it. Fuyuki who has bought a lot of things felt somewhat sorry, and apologized to Rui.
"Sorry, Rucchan. Because of little sister..."
"No, it's not Fuyuki's fault. Rui-san got too fired up. That aside, you're hungry right? Hurry up and make an order."
Raising her face in a hurry Rui passed the menu. Although Fuyuki remembered the entire menu, she still properly took it from her best friend.
"Then, a pancake set."
"Okayy. Dad, the same thing for me."
Jyugo received the order and immediately begun cooking, while the food was being prepared the two girls checked on their loot.
There's really a lot... the wardrobe is going to expand.
During the time when she was immersed in studies at Karasuba she didn't have suitable clothes for going outside. The clothes she had on herself were the only thing she brought as she ran away from Karasuba.
While Fuyuki was worried about that, Rui not only chose clothes that fit her, but also perfectly coordinated her outfits.
At first Fuyuki was taken aback by how different the clothes were, but when she actually wore them it turned out that they suited her outstandingly. Like usual, Rui's sensitivity was surprising.
It's the same when it comes to cyber technology, Rucchan is amazing at things like this.
If it's just technology, Saionji Rui couldn't win against Tenryo Fuyuki. It wasn't a problem of having or not having a talent. Fuyuki received specialized education in one of four major cyber-related corporations 'Karasuba' while Rui received only general education, they came from way too different environments.
However, Fuyuki could declare with all certainty that when it came to preparing attack-configured programs, Saionji Rui was definitely better than she was.
It wasn't like Fuyuki was bad at making those. She made quite a few of them before, they were better than attack-configured programs that normally circulate, and had a good performance. Still, when compared to the ones Rui made, they were strangely bleak.
What made Fuyuki's and Rui's different, was sensibility.
The basics of programming are in the form of the imagination. Repeating precise calculations aiming for a desired result, bringing it closer to an ideal little by little. For that there's both a need for computing power and imagination—and with that, sensibility is complete.
Partially because Fuyuki was a researcher before, she tends to focus on efficiency, and cuts down on the wasteful parts as much as possible to derive the best results under limited conditions.
That was also reflected in 《Synchro Infinity》, the program she has written for Taiga.
But Rui was different. The most important thing for her was to make it 'fun'.
In the past, Rui asked Fuyuki "please teach me programming" and received a detailed lecture on the topic.
The basics aside, programming was something to be done very instinctively. When Fuyuki reached the last part and was in doubt, not knowing what she should teach her, when she finally decided to teach her how to make a small structure Rui reacted to it——'Is that any fun?'.
Creating a structure was essential, it wasn't the case of it being fun or unfun——thinking like that Fuyuki taught her, and in the end Rui managed to make a structure, even if it was very small.
The thing that she created was extremely miserable, and when Fuyuki questioned her 'How did it turn out to be something like this?' Rui simply answered her with 'Because it's more interesting like this, right?'.
Fuyuki was surprised by the fact Rui didn't think of it as a failure. Three days later, she created a structure incorporating a fantastic system, moreover it was big enough for a person to move in. It was created with only the knowledge she was taught and while it looked proper at a single glance, it was built by mysteriously connecting various elements.
When it came to capability only, Fuyuki's was far above Rui.
However——Rui had her own distinct sense, and with it Saionji Rui definitely reached the 'genius' realm.
"What is it, Fuyuki? Are the outfits Rui-san coordinated weird?"
Hearing a voice coming from the seat next to hers, Fuyuki's thinking returned back to reality.
"No, all of it is really amazing. ...well, maybe some of them. I wonder what kind of thinking circuitry do you have to come up with such a combination, that's what I would like to know."
"Eh? Didn't you subtly make fun of me there?"
"No way. If anything, then it was praise."
Although some time ago Rui said that she and her brother were weird, but she too could have been categorized as that. That's what Fuyuki thought earlier that day.
"Sorry for the wait, two pancake sets. Eat before they get cold."
It seemed like the food was prepared as they spoke about that, in front of the two were soup in a cup, a pancake and salad lined up. Fuyuki and Rui stopped rummaging in the paper bags filled with clothes, and focused on the food.
"It's delicious as always. Master, if you changed the bar-like interior, some customers might actually come?"
"You really do say horrible things without any hesitation."