Chapter 27

"Okay, wait. I'm what now?" Nicole questions.

"You're our backup." Bradley answers. "I've already said this three times."

It was some time after her class had ended, and Nicole had made a quick stop by the Gammas frat house to get her skateboard. Before she could leave, her brother had pulled her aside to have a little chat with her.

Her brother made the decision for her to be in the X Games if something happened to any of the players.

Nicole shakes her head. "Brad, I can't do this."

"You can't, huh?" He rubs his chin, feigning thought. "Okay, do you know how to ride a bike?"

"Yeah."

"Can you roller skate?"

"Yep."

"And- like I even need to ask this- do you know how to ride a skateboard?"

"Obviously. I did learn from the best."

Her brother puts a hand to his chest. "Aw, I'm flattered."

"I was talking about Max, Bradley."

Bradley gives her a blank look. "Ignoring that, if you can do all of that, then you can join the X Games." He interlaces his fingers. "Come on Lil'Sis, for your big brother? Please?"

He's never gonna shut up if I say no.

She sighs. "Fine. But there's no guarantee that I'll actually do it."

"Okay, that's fine. Just be prepared to take someone's place." He cups his hands around his mouth. "Gammas, let's roll!"

"Where're you guys going?"

"Skateboard ramps. Gonna try and get some practice for the games in. You coming?"

She shrugs. "I was heading there anyway."

________________________________________________________________________________

When they reached their destination, they noticed a bunch of people were surrounding one of the ramps. They had to push through the whole crowd to see what had them in so much awe. Whatever they were looking at rolled off the ramp, went into the sky, and smoothly landed right back on the curved platform.

"Hey, that guy is good!" One of the Gammas complimented.

Bradley rubbed his chin. "Hey, isn't that Baby Goof's old man?"

"What?" Nicole's eyes widen, and she slightly squints her eyes to get a clearer look at the figure that went back into the sky.

That can't be- it is!

She started to panic when she noticed Goofy falling, but relaxed when she saw the legs of his disco pants expand, creating some sort of parachute. When he lands, everyone goes crazy.

"Fellas," Bradley began. "I think I've found some new Gamma material."

Nicole raises an eyebrow. "Who? Mr. Goofy?"

"I'm sure as hell not talking about his son." Her brother sneers, glaring at the younger Goof.

"He's gonna say no."

He smirks. "He won't. This is an offer he can't refuse."

Walking onto the ramp, Nicole spots Goofy staring after his son with a disheartened expression. She looks at Max with narrowed eyes.